Britain's Crimes of Honour

Quite surprising is the 63% of young Asian women interviewed that agreed families should live according to honour. None so blind as those that refuse to see, as they say.
It's all part of the 'War on Women'. If you can get women to be complicit in their own restrictions, your battle is more than half won.

The father whose daughter was burnt in Sheffield really annoyed me, wants an inquiry. Good idea, they could start with him, and why he told her to stay with her abusive husband for the sake of his honour. The father is as culpable in what happened to his daughter as the abusive husband and in laws, but looks everywhere else for someone to blame despite the pleas from his daughter.

The father whose daughter was burnt in Sheffield really annoyed me, wants an inquiry. Good idea, they could start with him, and why he told her to stay with her abusive husband for the sake of his honour. The father is as culpable in what happened to his daughter as the abusive husband and in laws, but looks everywhere else for someone to blame despite the pleas from his daughter.
I was shouting that at the screen during the transmission "Start by enquiring about yourself, you stupid, callous, old fool!" He must feel so guilty about it now, I hope he regrets it until his dying day and it keeps him awake and suffering every night. I trust, if he has any other daughters or grandaughters, he's learned his lesson.

In fact, why isn't he campaigning against it, instead of wandering about bemoaning his lot? Pathetic!

It's all part of the 'War on Women'. If you can get women to be complicit in their own restrictions, your battle is more than half won.

Agreed. And I seldom agree with mj.scuba, so may have to go and lie in a darkened room. He more or less sentenced her to a life of imprisonment in her near vegetative state. Tragic, utterly tragic.

Personally I'd give it...warts and all, on record and no holds barred. Ironically his plea for an inquiry probably has more to do with his honour than the injustice meted out to his daughter.

I was shouting that at the screen during the transmission "Start enquiring about yourself, you stupid, callous, old fool!" He must feel so guilty about it now, I hope he to regrets it until his dying day and it keeps him awake and suffering every night. I trust, if he has any other daughters or grandaughters, he's learned his lesson.

In fact, why isn't he campaigning against it, instead of wandering about bemoaning his lot? Pathetic!

Agreed. I wonder if it has made him question his faith and the status (or lack thereof) women in his belief system? And indeed, why is he not campaigning?

Archived