Britain's Crimes of Honour

It absolutely disgusts and appals me how women are enslaved in these grotesque situations, it is beyond inhumane. I am so angry that I don't even know where to start. The collective community collusion is on such a grand scale that we now have a Herculean task on our hands.

How can we defend this culture when it condones and even encourages such acts? Are we afraid of upsetting people by challenging this in schools? Surely we have a duty as Humanists to challenge anyone who sanctions the kidnapping and enslavement of children. Did I hear that the Government is considering passing a law?

How many women are trapped in quiet desperation with no perceivable way of getting out? It reminds me of what marriage must have been like for so many British women until the latter part of the last century, where they were dependent on men for their home and upkeep and if they did leave, they would probably forsake their children.

How can we defend this culture when it condones and even encourages such acts? Are we afraid of upsetting people by challenging this in schools? Surely we have a duty as Humanists to challenge anyone who sanctions the kidnapping and enslavement of children. Did I hear that the Government is considering passing a law?

How many women are trapped in quiet desperation with no perceivable way of getting out? It reminds me of what marriage must have been like for so many British women until the latter part of the last century, where they were dependent on men for their home and upkeep and if they did leave, they would probably forsake their children.

Which is why I totally back this campaign and will be doing all that I can to support it, actively:

http://www.southallblacksisters.org.uk/nosheen-azam-campaign-launch/

Which is why I totally back this campaign and will be doing all that I can to support it, actively:

http://www.southallblacksisters.org.uk/nosheen-azam-campaign-launch/

Thanks for sharing. I was listening to something on the radio recently about how Asian families shun intervention and choose not to seek help, for example when people have mental health issues or children have a disability. It does seem to be a very closed community.

There just seems to be such a gulf between male and female children and parental expectations. The Muslim girls at my childrens' schools are starting to cover their heads and I get angry each time I see it because I fear this is the start of their repression that will last a lifetime.

Shocking that she'd (apologies, I can't recall her name) approached 100 schools before she could find one willing to let her speak about this issue. Information and and awareness to help stop this abuse trumps cultural sensitivity every time.

Shocking that she'd (apologies, I can't recall her name) approached 100 schools before she could find one willing to let her speak about this issue. Information and and awareness to help stop this abuse trumps cultural sensitivity every time.

I couldn't agreed more. It's a travesty.

wow, sounds horrible, I don;t know if I really want to watch it but I get the gist of it. When it comes to things like htis I would think the left and right wing on here agree that something needs to be done.

What DOSEN'T need to be done is the right winger crew saying 'lets wait for the left wing loonys to defend this, rah rah rah' Because they won't, but also It won't do for the left wingers to say 'stop picking on muslims'.

I think everyone can agree that this is a horrible thing going on, but if the community is complacent then we'll struggle to provide evidence. I just hope that asian women aren't put off from coming forward by the blatent islamaphobia in our society at the minute, though it is more complex than that, I guess no one really wants to be ostracised from their community.

sorry that might have been an incoherant ramble.

wow, sounds horrible, I don;t know if I really want to watch it but I get the gist of it. When it comes to things like htis I would think the left and right wing on here agree that something needs to be done.

What DOSEN'T need to be done is the right winger crew saying 'lets wait for the left wing loonys to defend this, rah rah rah' Because they won't, but also It won't do for the left wingers to say 'stop picking on muslims'.

I think everyone can agree that this is a horrible thing going on, but if the community is complacent then we'll struggle to provide evidence. I just hope that asian women aren't put off from coming forward by the blatent islamaphobia in our society at the minute, though it is more complex than that, I guess no one really wants to be ostracised from their community.

sorry that might have been an incoherant ramble.

The problem is that Islam is an intrinsic part of the culture. It not only shaped it but stands as a barrier to change because it is beyond challenge in the eyes of those indoctrinated into its cult.

It does not help to falsely label concern and opposition to Islam, and the cultural practices it has shaped, as some sort of phobia. There is nothing irrational about challenging the irrational and unjust beliefs, values and practices of Islamic culture that are at odds with British culture. In fact, I'd argue it is essential if we to achieve greater integration and avoid the tragedy of violent cultural conflict. The fact that some racists will jump on the band wagon and start throwing around ludicrous and offensive arguments is not a good reason to stifle debate.

It's terrible for this sort of thing to happen anywhere, but the least place I want it is right here in Britain, but unfortunately this is what a political multiculturalism agenda has brought us, and we are slowly being infected by these barbaric backwards medieval cultures like a cancer or disease, and I have no qualms about describing it in such terms because thats exactly what it is.

One thing we should do is drastically reduce immigration from South Asian countries, perhaps only allow the highly educated such as doctors and surgeons, and definitely put a stop to importing brides from these places.

--

Archived