Well that's a bit of good news!

I've just been to the docs, I've had high blood pressure for yrs, been on 4 lots of tablets just to keep it borderline,( sometimes its been quite high even with tabs)

When I had it took just now, it's normal!

I got a bit emotional..( silly s.d)...it may be cutting my consumption of red wine by half, though I didn't have much, and I've been doing the meditation talked about on here....

As there is heart problems in my family I have been concerned as I've got older..

But this has right cheered me up..

Sorry if this is boring to anyone, but I just had to share it..:)))

Definitely not boring, when you get good health news like that it's worth talking about!

Thank you..:) your advice along with Pattricias regarding meditation has helped with the anxiety, it seems the more anxious I get the higher my BP goes..:rolleyes:

When I first taught the basics of meditation to Pattricia she did what was central to it working, she stuck at it.

She now knows all she needs to know about secular meditation, the rest is down to her.

If you stick at it you will do more than deal with the anxiety, you will eliminate it, but it requires everyday practice.

I cannot comment about the effects it might have on blood pressure, I simply don't know, but I'm sure you can find info online about that sort of thing if you want to, but if anxiety affects blood pressure and meditation can resolve anxiety issues it seems only logical that it will have a positive (if only indirect) effect on blood pressure too.

Anyway, keep up the good work :banana:

When I first taught the basics of meditation to Pattricia she did what was central to it working, she stuck at it.

She now knows all she needs to know about secular meditation, the rest is down to her.

If you stick at it you will do more than deal with the anxiety, you will eliminate it, but it requires everyday practice.

I cannot comment about the effects it might have on blood pressure, I simply don't know, but I'm sure you can find info online about that sort of thing if you want to, but if anxiety affects blood pressure and meditation can resolve anxiety issues it seems only logical that it will have a positive (if only indirect) effect on blood pressure too.

Anyway, keep up the good work :banana:

I didnt mention that I also suffer from high BP. Havent even bothered to monitor it as I feel so relaxed after meditating.:)

I didnt mention that I also suffer from high BP. Havent even bothered to monitor it as I feel so relaxed after meditating.:)

If you do find that it has had positive effects on your blood pressure do let us know Pattricia, I would be very interested in knowing the result :)

If you do find that it has had positive effects on your blood pressure do let us know Pattricia, I would be very interested in knowing the result :)

I monitored my BP (wrist monitor) before and after meditation. Before was 138/77 and after meditation was 130/75. Normal blood pressure is 120/80, so Im getting there. I must stress that I do take a blood pressure drug every day. Please do not stop taking your BP drugs . !

Just took my BP. 118/66 pulse rate 63 and I dont take medication.

Suggest keeping weight down to as near normal for height and build possible. Avoid putting salt on all food and doing a daily hour of exercise, walking is the best for aerobic exercises.

My BP has gone as low as 100/59 on occasion with HR of 58. The doc said as long as I dont get sudden dizzy spells when standing up nothing to worry about

Archived