37p extra for a packet of fags?

1% of UK taxpayers contribute 26% of all tax collected. More than half of taxpayers take more out than they contribute. Me thinks some want even more and to contribute even less.

Don't you mean TOO bright.[/quote

sorry :hihi::hihi::hihi:

1% of UK taxpayers contribute 26% of all tax collected. More than half of taxpayers take more out than they contribute. Me thinks some want even more and to contribute even less.

Don't you mean TOO bright.

must have been said many times muppet:hihi:

The country is spending £146 billion more than it gets in in taxes costing the country £46 billion a year in interest payments. Which does suggest that we don't pay enough tax.

But how much of that £146 billion is spent on wasteful vanity projects?

Like overseas aid.

Call it selfish but I'd happily have the price go up by £1 if that money was to go to fund NHS cancer care, then at least smokers would be paying for their own future care for something they could have possibly prevented.

It's not like it's like alcohol where odd one is ok, smoking does not have one advantage at all, all cons no pros

Would it not be better to lower the price of fags? Everyone dies younger,and the government save on pensions.

Actually fish and chips are the healthiest food you can get in the take away world ! 470 calories per portion !!

Fewest calories doesn't necessarily mean the healthiest. Although on this occasion I would probably agree with you.

Archived