Protest is not enough!

What I really don't understand is how the powers that be said the 50% tax rate should have raised £2.5 billion, but didn't, yet the 45% tax rate will raise more money.

Doesn't that mean there has been some wholesale tax evasion going on when it was 50%? And what pray, is to stop them continuing to evade tax at 45%?

Now you have massively moved the goal posts and gone back on what you said. I have no respect for anyone who can change their views within several minutes of someone who puts up a reasoned argument against their idiotic beliefs. You are a buffoon.

What do you beleive I have gone back on.

Just because you get an inheritance and priviledge doesn't mean you dont work too. Also if someone works hard and leaves something on for their ongoing family after death its the same thing. Somebody earned it and somebody will still be earning on it to pass it on the next generation. Nobody in a wealthy family just sits on a pile on money doing nothing until they die. You're are the one interpreting things.

Im talking about living off the state here.

Now when you have finished picking everyone else up on their posts - like you have done throughout this thread - what exactly are your beliefs??

im longing to hear them.......

Don't you think Mr. Cameron has worked hard to get where he is and is still working hard ?

No. If he hadn't had a very privileged upbringing he would be nowhere. The fact that the majority of politicians have had very sheltered privileged backgrounds and very little experience of the world outside of politics is a major cause for concern.

Surely the previous 40% higher tax rate was a lower level than what has been announced today ??????

That's the point isn't it, the top rate of income tax is now higher than it was for the majority of Labour's time in power.

Pray tell Mr Expert. What is the life experience you have so much of?

I have had too much experience of people like you who pretend to have strong beliefs which are instantly changed when challenged by reasoned argument. Grow a pair hypocrite.:roll:

Let's hope you don't get the job of chancellor come the revolution.

The OP, despite being titled "protest is not enough" did not suggest any solutions to the current mess, revolutionary or otherwise.

So instead we get the usual partisan mudslinging rather than any constructive suggestions as to how to get politicians to listen to those of us who don't have a spare million pounds to chuck about.

I have had too much experience of people like you who pretend to have strong beliefs which are instantly changed when challenged by reasoned argument. Grow a pair hypocrite.:roll:

Ah right so you dont actually have any opinion, insight, knowledge, experience or point.

You are just here to prat around and insult.

Bye bye.

Archived