Protest is not enough!

Because the alternative was the likes of lefty loons Prescott and Blunkett. Even the unions weren't stupid enough to believe those two could win an election. They needed a pretty boy who could con the electorate into thinking Labour had given up its tax and spend ways. Millions fell for it.

Cameron is a similar front man for the Tories. They know they can't get elected by putting up some toffee nosed twit with a title. Cameron is a complete contrast to Brown. He is intelligent, articulate, affable and competent. Whereas Brown was.....................................do I need to go on?

Strangely Labour supporters don't complain or seem to mind their politicians coming from the same background as they hate Tory politicians coming from.

Strangely Labour supporters don't complain or seem to mind their politicians coming from the same background as they hate Tory politicians coming from.

Well I'm a lefty (not a supporter of any party though) and it does actually get on my thru'penny bits.

Nice to see the forum right wingers resorting to straw man arguments. :roll:

Well I'm a lefty (not a supporter of any party though) and it does actually get on my thru'penny bits.

Nice to see the forum right wingers resorting to straw man arguments. :roll:

When you have no arguments of steel , straw suffices. Nothing new there .:(

I notice that an interesting question has been asked relating to celebrities and their high income. It is indeed true that those secular saints Bob Geldoff and Bono have both been exposed as tax cheats, and that talk show hosts and footballers are often paid astonishing salaries. But I would not wish for people to be distracted. Celebrity culture is a specific mechanism used by neoliberals to deflect attention from the immense harm caused by their cynical free market activities. Celebrity media and sports stars are useful: they function to fill the tabloid headlines, to keep the grotesque political and economic issues off the front pages as the politicians and CEOs go about their business of privatising, deregulating and structuring useful offshore techniques to avoid their obligations to society.

Business creates wealth and the tax revenue raised from it pays for our public sector services. Squeeze businesses too much (when we need growth) and you risk having a bigger share of a lot less and we all suffer.

Let's hope you don't get the job of chancellor come the revolution.

Production creates wealth. Soon there will be no public sector as everything is being sold off to the rich at bargain basement prices so they can make vast profits and rip off decent people even more.

With the amount they save from tax loopholes and havens, big businesses should be paying more not less.

Archived