Old men with earrings

I really like earrings (and long hair!) on men ... if they're swashbucklin' pirates or Elizabethan playwrights. :love:

I don't really like the look on today's men but, hey, everyone should feel free to indulge themselves when it comes to body adornment. Why should women have all the fashion fun?

is it just me or do old men with dangly earings look ridiculous

like to know your views

Wouldn't have them myself but live and let live - it's their choice. Unlike babies and toddlers whose ears have been pierced because the parents think it looks "cool".

If you go back far enough in time, blokes wearing earings tended to be sailors. The reason is shipwrecks and drowning were quite a common occupational hazzard. A gold earing was regarded as payment for a burial should their body be washed up on shore.

Earings on blokes look naff regardless of the age. They either look like thugs or woofters, grow up and get a life

:hihi: How on earth does having an earring mean you don't have a life? I think we should be told.

I have one earring, which I wear to mark a particular past event in my life. Couldn't give a toss what people think it looks like.

Given that men have been wearing earrings since the dawn of time, guess it's just you. :)

Like having tattoos, anyone would think, from some people's comments, that all this has just been invented by 'young people'

It was only pirates that wore them to cover their burial costs-ear-rings are dangerous for people fighting so no real man would wear them,including those older men who also persist in grey pony-tails.

Im 49 years old and been wearing sleepers since I was 17, so now im older I should stop wearing them don't think so. BTW I also have very long hair maybe I should have it shaved to look like the rest of the clones.:mad:

Archived