Old men with earrings

It was only pirates that wore them to cover their burial costs-ear-rings are dangerous for people fighting so no real man would wear them,including those older men who also persist in grey pony-tails.

I'm intrigued, what is a real man in your opinion aside from those who fight?

In a word, yes. They wanted to look like George Michael when they were in their 20s (before they knew that he was gay) and looked ridiculous. Now that they are in their 40s & 50s they look even more ridiculous, especially the fat bald ones. Time to wake up and smell the coffee boys!

Man with earring = George Michael wannabe ... you need to get out more!

I didn't know that it was only those who choose to wear an earring who need to concern themselves with their calorie intake, or that it should be considered higher priority than amongst non-earring wearers! :rolleyes:

Regarding baldness; I think we all know it's not a choice. It appears that you believe people should act differently if they are unfortunate enough to be inflicted by it.

Then add the ponytail (along with a bald spot on top) and they look like royal planks !!

.. and anyone who's balding must not have long hair, either. :roll:

The thing is, they WERE young once and perhaps that was the new trendy thing to do then. It will be the same when the young people with tattoos now grow up, when the skin sags and becomes wrinkly and stretches......it will look nothing like it looked originally....

My bold.

But they still exist (!) and are free to wear what they choose, thankfully.

They look like numptys!!!

I am late 60s so have seen a few things over the years, IMAGINE a bloke in the 1950s walking about in an earing let alone a dangly one.

What or who do they think they are and who are they trying to impress?

They need to look in a mirror and take stock.

You know the way that you would make choices regarding your clothing and hair and other aspects of your appearance? Others like to do the same.

Perhaps they are pleasing themselves rather than seeking approval from the narrow-minded ..

yes they look like sad, wannabe teenagers. Get a grip you old duffers and grow up!

What is it that people are supposed to conform to? Your idea of what people are supposed to do? Grow up!

• 2 weeks later...
Im 49 years old and been wearing sleepers since I was 17, so now im older I should stop wearing them don't think so. BTW I also have very long hair maybe I should have it shaved to look like the rest of the clones.:mad:

Haven't quite got over the 30 year mark with a pierced ear like you but at 43 having had my ear pierced at 15 I'm heading in the right direction and have no plans to take my earring out. Can't believe the fuss every 'male with pierced ear' type thread creates every time the subject is posted on here.

Unfortunately, nature has taken away any chance of long hair whether I wanted to grow it or not!

:hihi: How on earth does having an earring mean you don't have a life? I think we should be told.

I have one earring, which I wear to mark a particular past event in my life. Couldn't give a toss what people think it looks like.

I'm with you - I'm wearing an earring or earstud in every photo of me in our family albumn (including my wedding day and with my kids when they were new borns). Although it's hardy the most valuable thing when measured by monetary value, I still wear my 'wedding ring' for all speacial occasions (and my wife would have something to say if I didn't).

When I was a teenager in the 60s if I had been seen out and about wearing an earring I would have been called some very un-politically correct names.

The wearing of tattoos on the arms was very common and acceptable on guys from the army and navy though.

some of the hard cases in the sixtys who were in the merch navy used to wear a gold earing in the left ear .

swallows on the neck were the designer tattoo of the day

followed by love+ hate on the knuckles and if you were really trendy ..mam and dad on the forearms:hihi:

Archived