Litter pick Idea.

Having been on several litter picks in local communities over the years, and maybe another tomorrow locally, I have thought about an easier way to get stuff off the streets.

Rather than have a grabber picking individual items like tins off a shop shelf, Why done people get grass rakes and on full spread, drag litter to a pile and shovel it ?

I spent about 3 hours the other week doing 3 full black bags of rubbish down Wincobank, but thought to my self how much easier it would be to grass rake the stuff. Two people on the job, one with rake and the other on shovel while you held the bag would significantly reduce the time and improve efficiency.

Also Street force doing the same work could also improve, with them also out with grabbers in their day to day cleaning.

the only think I can think anyone would crab this idea on would be health and safety regarding dog mess. But how hard can it be to avoid this and in any effect you would be wearing gloves.

Anyhow I put my though out there, maybe anyone on a local litter pick will take it on board or maybe someone in the council looking to make savings could try it out via street force ?

Good luck and keep clean ;)

Good on you for this, there's nothing I hate more than littering...nearly everytime I walk from the car to my front door, I pick up bits of litter on the way; some people look at me funny and think I'm making some sort of statement to them by doing it.

Here's an idea ...... why not spray those seen littering with an indelible dye and ensure that being able to do so carries no offence in law?

... or being allowed to stuff rubbish back into the bags/pockets of the litters without facing some charge of assault etc.

Here's an idea.

How about EVERYONE (individuals, businesses) cleaning up immediately around where they live and work, instead of walking over or past it, pick up individual items in the City Centre streets.

In on time at all, clean strrets

To the OP, keep up your good work, I do the same in my area and feel immensely better for it once done. I HATE seeing other people's cr@p lying around and feel compelled to do something about it.

Here's an idea.

How about EVERYONE (individuals, businesses) cleaning up immediately around where they live and work, instead of walking over or past it, pick up individual items in the City Centre streets.

Here's a better idea

How about EVERYONE don't drop litter in the first place then there'll be none to clean up.:)

How about people who drop litter tell us why they do it? Statistically, there must be some on here who are the litter droppers so, why do you do it?

The ones I despise are those who 'hide' their litter by stuffing it into drains or hedges. If you're going to litter just leave it on the ground where it's easier to pick up and be proud, declare yourselves on here.

Here's an idea.

To the OP, keep up your good work, I do the same in my area and feel immensely better for it once done. I HATE seeing other people's cr@p lying around and feel compelled to do something about it.

If I did that where I work it would be a full time job.

jb

Having been on several litter picks in local communities over the years, and maybe another tomorrow locally, I have thought about an easier way to get stuff off the streets.

Rather than have a grabber picking individual items like tins off a shop shelf, Why done people get grass rakes and on full spread, drag litter to a pile and shovel it ?

I spent about 3 hours the other week doing 3 full black bags of rubbish down Wincobank, but thought to my self how much easier it would be to grass rake the stuff. Two people on the job, one with rake and the other on shovel while you held the bag would significantly reduce the time and improve efficiency.

Also Street force doing the same work could also improve, with them also out with grabbers in their day to day cleaning.

the only think I can think anyone would crab this idea on would be health and safety regarding dog mess. But how hard can it be to avoid this and in any effect you would be wearing gloves.

Anyhow I put my though out there, maybe anyone on a local litter pick will take it on board or maybe someone in the council looking to make savings could try it out via street force ?

Good luck and keep clean ;)

Good on you! I'm going to try this in my area.

How about people who drop litter tell us why they do it? Statistically, there must be some on here who are the litter droppers so, why do you do it?

Whenever I've dropped litter, it has been on accident and I can't be arsed to go and chase it down to pick it back up.

Archived