Childless familes..What are they going to do with their pot of gold?

My partner gets all of my personal possessions except for a few key items which are left to friends. My house is left to my niece and nephew, with a proviso that my partner is allowed to live in it for as long as he lives or as long as he chooses to live in it.

The contents of a couple of bank accounts will be going to chosen charities.

If I didn't have younger family members to leave my home to then I'd leave it to the children of friends who I have a close relationship with.

I've got no bin lids and if I have any money left after paying for other people's kids' education, child benefit and a lifetime on the dole, I intend to blow every penny before the thieving politicians waste it on yet more illegal wars, overseas aid, high-speed rail links etc. etc.

if I have any money left after paying for other people's kids' education
and presumably these other peoples' kids may become the doctors that will save/prolong your life in future. Good job your paying their education then, eh?

It would no doubt mean that you have no relatives (that you speak to) and also have no close friends.

What is all your relatives and friends are significantly richer than you and by comparison you have a small legacy?

If they are educated poorly do we get a refund?

:hihi:

Don't forget us childfree people will have a pot of gold to pay for private healthcare anyway!

Personally, if and when my health starts to deteriorate, I'd prefer a luxury round the world trip with a final stop off in Switzerland :o

:hihi:

Don't forget us childfree people will have a pot of gold to pay for private healthcare anyway!

Personally, if and when my health starts to deteriorate, I'd prefer a luxury round the world trip with a final stop off in Switzerland :o

Same here!

My pot of gold I am assuming will have been spent looking after my parents and child free aunt and uncle. I will be lucky if I can afford my own healthcare and final trip to switzerland.

What is all your relatives and friends are significantly richer than you and by comparison you have a small legacy?

Then give it to charity or something.

I'm not saying you have to give it to family/friends, just that most normal people would have family/friends that they could give it to if they wished.

Archived