Alcohol and health

I drink 30 to 40 pints a week.

As long as it harms no-one else then fine.

As far as I'm concerned, it's probably what is getting me through life at present.

That makes me feel a whole lot better about my beer intake, don't really know why though as I like a few cans to unwind every evening :hihi:

I am one of the odd folk who are of the opinion, it's your body - do with it as you please. If you want a glass of wine a day, fine. If you want a bottle a day, still fine - it's your body, do as you wish. Stuff the nanny state "advising" you how much to drink.

Angel.

I am one of the odd folk who are of the opinion, it's your body - do with it as you please. If you want a glass of wine a day, fine. If you want a bottle a day, still fine - it's your body, do as you wish. Stuff the nanny state "advising" you how much to drink.

Angel.

Absolutely, but if you could control the screaming when the consequences kick in Your life, your choice I would be most grateful. Given my history of alcohol I'll probably be in the next bed, and I believe liver failure is massively painful.

I like a drink from time to time I don't think I have a problem but every time I have a drink I have this feeling that I am damaging my body in some way,is there a less harmfull type of drink or is all alcohol just no good for you at all,you hear these story's about red wine being good for you and vodka being bad for you,I know one thing if I have one drink over what I usually drink I feel really ill the next day, I try and have a few days were I don't have a drink in the week,mind you I don't think I could afford to drink every day what with the price of it now,Iv'e never been a big drinker 2 or 3 pints on a night is my max as a rule.

It's because your inherited enzyme, alcohol dehydrogenase isn't working fast enough to break down the alcohol. To speed it up and avoid have an hangover take n-acetylcysteine supplements, vitamin C, vitamin B1 before having a drink and drink coconut water when you have finished drinking.

This is a good read:

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/hangover-cures/#axzz1pfbHpPCu

It's because your inherited enzyme, alcohol dehydrogenase isn't working fast enough to break down the alcohol. To speed it up and avoid have an hangover take n-acetylcysteine supplements, vitamin C, vitamin B1 before having a drink and drink coconut water when you have finished drinking.

This is a good read:

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/hangover-cures/#axzz1pfbHpPCu

It may be a good read but its full of rubbish and from a site that wants you to buy supplements.

Archived