Do you believe in inheritance or equality?

Why are you even trying to debate with this troll? It's clear you're not going to get anywhere if the last few pages are evidence of anything. It's obvious he's an old poster who's been banned and has come back as he's got nothing better to do.

He's already insulted half the forum with his condescending attitude, contradictory commentary, and brainless theories.

Just let this thread - and others like it - die.

It must be very obvious to any right thinking person who has read this thread that you are attempting to dismiss me as a troll because you do not have the intelligence or knowledge to engage me in open debate. You are indeed a very sore loser. :)

I have insulted nobody who has not insulted me.:cool:

Why are you even trying to debate with this troll? It's clear you're not going to get anywhere if the last few pages are evidence of anything. It's obvious he's an old poster who's been banned and has come back as he's got nothing better to do.

He's already insulted half the forum with his condescending attitude, contradictory commentary, and brainless theories.

Just let this thread - and others like it - die.

I missed that bit! I do not have any other user names as you imply.:D

No. But your system wouldn't make it any more perfect

Nothing when you run it as a kibbutz. I.E on a small scale

Less fair is not quite the way i'd put it. Why should a person work all their life accrue assets then have those assets seized by the state? A persons life work should be theirs to do what they wish with. Not decided for them by the state. Paying tax on it is reasonable but seizing the whole lot is absolutely not.

Hard to say. If I were very wealthy i'd be hiring lawyers to find the loopholes to keep my wealth within my family. Or i'd just not bother trying to accrue wealth.

You're assuming everyone is like you. They aren't.

No. People aren't born equal. Redistributing wealth in any fashion doesn't redistribute equality. People will always be different. You can level out the playing field to an extent but you can't force people to be equal no matter how hard you try.

It isn't an excellent system. The current system of inheritence tax has led to people handing wealth over to avoid that tax. If you try to seize assets and estates you will see a drain of those assets and estates out of the country as people protect their wealth.

All that is happening with the present system is that the rich are getting richer and the poor are getting poorer. The gap is widening too. We must take another route!

All that is happening with the present system is that the rich are getting richer and the poor are getting poorer. The gap is widening too. We must take another route!
It was ever thus.

Communism won't stop that gap. I agree another route must be taken but I don't agree that this is it

The economy would be stimulated because the money would be spent. The vast billions of personal wealth that old people are hoarding away for a rainy day would be released for local governments to spend on the death of the hoarder.

First you would have to legislate for such a policy and persuade people to vote for it. Why not stand in an election yourself on this issue?

hi when i die i be happy knowing my girls could have alittle more than i,ve ever had . a good way of it is through education . i understand we are in hard times but you just got to get on with it . its not nice but think upwards and onwards . good luck ta jeff

hi when i die i be happy knowing my girls could have alittle more than i,ve ever had . a good way of it is through education . i understand we are in hard times but you just got to get on with it . its not nice but think upwards and onwards . good luck ta jeff

Yet if my idea was brought into being people like your daughter and others would NOT have such hard times. The "hard times" that many people are going through now are someone elses good times. The tory boys love recessions as they can increase their wealth by making people suffer and work for less.

If I earned a large sum of money throughout my life because of some gift that I had I could think of nothing better to do with my wealth, upon my death, than help other people less fortunate. I would feel that I had achieved something with my life. My life would have been fulfilled.

Yet if my idea was brought into being people like your daughter and others would NOT have such hard times. The "hard times" that many people are going through now are someone elses good times. The tory boys love recessions as they can increase their wealth by making people suffer and work for less.

If I earned a large sum of money throughout my life because of some gift that I had I could think of nothing better to do with my wealth, upon my death, than help other people less fortunate. I would feel that I had achieved something with my life. My life would have been fulfilled.

That's a lovely thought.

The boss of Tower Hamlets Council was on Channel 4 'Undercover Boss'.

His Council incorporates the City as well as the other half of one of the poorest boroughs in London. After doing a meals on wheels run, he pointed to the tall blocks of banks in the distance and said, ' It wasn't these old poor people who caused this recession, it was them, the banks, and yet because of them meals on wheels and other services to the old and poor in the borough will have to be cut'.

That really said it all and put everything into perspective.

That's a lovely thought.

The boss of Tower Hamlets Council was on Channel 4 'Undercover Boss'.

His Council incorporates the City as well as the other half of one of the poorest boroughs in London. After doing a meals on wheels run, he pointed to the tall blocks of banks in the distance and said, ' It wasn't these old poor people who caused this recession, it was them, the banks, and yet because of them meals on wheels and other services to the old and poor in the borough will have to be cut'.

That really said it all and put everything into perspective.

We are on the same wavelength. Unfortunately many are incapable of even switching on the radio.:(

The rich caused the recession....MAKE THEM PAY!

Archived