Who knows anything about congestion charges

went to london last week and on the way home took a wrong turning went down a road realised it had the letter c attached did a quick u turn too late the cameras got you but i did not see the camera so i thought i had got away with it till 1 week later and the dreaded brown envelope arrives on the doormat £60 if paid within 14 days if not paid £120 who are these robbers, us northern folk dont know much about congestion charges try going around London at 1600 hrs friday afternoon had all on watching the road and road signs but congestion charges keep em i shall not be going down to that place again:rant::loopy::loopy::confused:

I've been to London, friend, in the days before congestion charging...

Not only do I not know anything about congestion charging - I have every intention of never discovering anything about it...

I hadn't got much of an urge to go again but since they introduced that most unfair charge I've crossed it off my list altogether - I can live without visiting that place again.

Suggest you send them half on the grounds it was their poor signage that caused you to enter the zone.

Tell them to call on you personally and discuss the matter further if they want the rest of it...

Unfortunatley, there are plenty of signs and road markings, both near and a fair few miles away from the congestion charging zone, the best thing you could've done would be to have phoned them up and check whether you were required to pay or not.

I do agree with you on the point of not being used to driving in London, first time I went there I couldn't even follow my sat nav for watching regular Londoners apalling driving style but it's an excuse that won't exempt you from the PCN unfortunatley, 5 years on of regular London deliveries I can do most without sat nav and match my driving style to theirs, it works wonders!

If I'm not down there working I always take the coach, a hell of a lot less hassle.

Yeah CG is a pain! At least now, you can pay it the next day, a couple of years ago, if you didn't pay it by 10.00 pm on the same day, you got a fine! Forget about appealing against it, there's no escape from these ratbags!!

Unfortunatley, there are plenty of signs and road markings, both near and a fair few miles away from the congestion charging zone, ...

I am familiar with driving in north london and what you are saying does not take into account that Boris Johnson shrunk the boundaries of the congestion charge, now there are large areas that are no longer in the charging zone, but the signage and indications are not properly removed.

Unless you are extremely familiar with where you are driving it is very easy to get caught going into the zone by mistake.

• 1 month later...

thanks for that hdious there are plenty of signs but at 1530 on a friday afternoon

you have never seen as much traffic and the way they drive down there if you know your way around it is i assume be easy but keeping an eye on the traffic signals road directions bus lane pedestrians and then congestion charge signs wow even driving through brixton what a busy place i shall not be going by car again it will be either coach or train let them take the strain

I hate the place I would not live there rent free I've had to drive a truck through there loads of times they can shove there congestion charges, I would not pay that one at all ignore it,for the capital of our country it is a disgrace London,are they still going have the congestion charges when the Olympics are on,there is going to be a lot of people getting lost there they will make a killing on that one,you cant even park anywhere they even want £30 to park in car parks.

Archived