Where in the uk is nice for a holiday..

Without a shadow of a doubt- Cornwall. Maybe up near Newquay as a fair bit to do wi kids, the beaches and coves are gorgeous, lots of hidden treasures. Once of the most beautfiful places on earth. Could do anywherein Cornwall really, or mayeb Devon? Someone suggested English Riveria (Torquay , Paignton) but I quite liked North Devon too x

Without a shadow of a doubt- Cornwall. Maybe up near Newquay as a fair bit to do wi kids, the beaches and coves are gorgeous, lots of hidden treasures. Once of the most beautfiful places on earth. Could do anywherein Cornwall really, or mayeb Devon? Someone suggested English Riveria (Torquay , Paignton) but I quite liked North Devon too x

A good call but hard without a car as remote.

for an activity holiday the lake district is good for a walking although all weather clothing is essential, Wales is nice Pwheli in wales Haven holiday camps are good for entertainment and reasonable fast food style eating London is interesting but not while the olympics are on september can be a good time to go not yet Autumn still a bit of summer warmth left (normally!)

A good call but hard without a car as remote.

Ah.. true I suppose, didn't think of that, duh.. sorry OP!

Never actually went into Newquay itself though as been told by a few it's a dump?

Ummm.... well.. we have done the Skeggy thing but I get bored of it so quickly and miss the beauty... another place we do like is Haven Primrose Valley near Filey- not sure what the public transport is like but lovely views and lots to do on site, Filey itself a nice little seaside town?

I have just managed to find a caravan for skegness ,that does 3 night bookings.

Yes I am off to skegness this will be me first holiday of the year. (Also off to majorca this august ) My best friend is partially sited as she has a hereditary disease causing her to go blind.

She has never had a holiday with the kids and she has always been there for me. So because I don't want her to miss out on a holiday with her kids before she loses any more of her sight.

I decided I will take them some where So booked skeg, and also where in the uk would you recommend taking a holiday??

As I am going again next year with them and want ideas of where is good for kids.

Our children's ages range from 2-10 we have a boy and a girl each. :)

It all depends on whether you want weather.:D

• 2 weeks later...
Whitby is not really for kids. If it kids entertain you seek then it's probably skeggy and maybe a day in Butlins because they run organised entertain programmes for the kids.

There is so much to do in the area, if money is tight the beach is free!!

Our kids love the Yorkshire moors railway, Flamingo Land, Eden Camp, Ryedale Folk museum, Castle Howard, we will never tire of the area!!

Archived