Where in the uk is nice for a holiday..

An often overlooked holiday destination is Wirral. It has some pretty good beaches, plenty of places for walks (Hilbre Island is a must) and Chester, the Zoo, Liverpool, and Wales are just a short drive away for those rainy days. There's a few amusements at New Brighton but it's like Mablethorpe and a bit depressing. Southport is much nicer.

It's very quiet though, but it depends if you want that or not.

There's a caravan site at Meols and at Thurstaston.

http://www.visitwirral.com/

Newquay is amaazing!

We took our children to Cornwall last year. We stayed in a small cottage in the gardens of a manor hotel, (which was quite cheap £480 for a whole week) in Horningtops, just outside Liskeard. We were not next to the sea but able to travel about with ease from our location. We all had a great break (except my husband who simply doesn't like holidays, he would much rather be at home on his PS3 I'm sure)!

On our last day we went to Newquay and it really is the best seaside town I have ever visited in the UK. It is a quaint town with nice shops and the beach is a mixture of pebbles, sand and caves. What struck me more so than anything was that it is just so clean! We didn't want to leave.

If I was wanting to go somewhere closer to home, it would have to be Scarborough. We normally go here for a couple of days each year.

Whitby is not really for kids. If it kids entertain you seek then it's probably skeggy and maybe a day in Butlins because they run organised entertain programmes for the kids.

Whitby is not for kids??? - Are you serious?

It has boat rides , lovely beaches, river canoeing nearby, steam trains, crabbing from the pier, at Robin Hoods Bay there the rock pools to explore , fossils to hunt for , ghost walks to go on, a swimming pool etc

But not been to Skegness so not sure what there is to to do with kids there by comparison?

On our last day we went to Newquay and it really is the best seaside town I have ever visited in the UK. It is a quaint town with nice shops and the beach is a mixture of pebbles, sand and caves. What struck me more so than anything was that it is just so clean! We didn't want to leave.

Just don't go in the evening when its just full o hen & stag do's.

There are far nicer seaside towns...

Archived