Where in the uk is nice for a holiday..

Why uk? with the prices here etc, by the time you have finished, you could have gone to Thailand for 3 weeks £850 flight,2-3 bed house £200 per month and food,drink peanuts.

I would like to know which area you can get a house for £200 per month?having been to thailand I dont think I found one that cheap.

But I think you can get a flight for less around £500,so still reasonable.

• 1 month later...

Wales- on the Lleyn Perninsula for further details search it out in google- amazing place with lots to see and do for all ages. We have an apartment we are thinking of letting out for £140 pw rather than leaving empty. Hows that for a really low cost holiday. Has anyone any experience of letting holiday apartments out?

Yes we have a cottage we let out, we are with an agancy but they are a waste of space and the conditions of being with them are really strict with respect to our own bookings.

I would recommend doing it al yourself if you can but be awhere this year is particually bad as noone has any money or dare not spend it if they have:rant:

Yes we have a cottage we let out, we are with an agancy but they are a waste of space and the conditions of being with them are really strict with respect to our own bookings.

I would recommend doing it al yourself if you can but be awhere this year is particually bad as noone has any money or dare not spend it if they have:rant:

Your cottage looks nice :)

We have a holiday cottage which we let out too. We started off with the big agencies and had the same problems as you (Holiday Cottage Group who run most of the big cottage companies). They also price high season weeks too high and low season weeks so low so it's not really worth letting them out, and then they take around 20% commission.

Four years ago we went independent, just advertising on a couple of owner sites and have never looked back. We can now set our own prices and book whatever weeks we want for ourselves. Because we know the local market better than the big companies we can price the cottage more realistically and now have a high occupancy rate, even this year.

I'd strongly recommend going independent. We use these two owner-advertising sites which charge a flat fee each year:

http://www.holidaylettings.co.uk/

https://www.independentcottages.co.uk/

Why uk? with the prices here etc, by the time you have finished, you could have gone to Thailand for 3 weeks £850 flight,2-3 bed house £200 per month and food,drink peanuts.

Thailand used to be plenty cheaper than it is now, but even today you should be doing a lot better than £850 for a flight, and you have no chance of getting really decent accommodation for 10,000 baht a month, short-term which is what £200 is in Thai money. Pattaya, maybe. Phuket, forget it.

Archived