Calls from a dodgy company every day

Hi people.

Every day for the past few week I've been receiving calls from a with held number. When you answer it's an automated message saying "you could have been charged for insurance on loans, mortgages....."

I've pressed 5 to speak to someone in charge and all they say is "I'm in charge". Then when I ask for my number to be deleted from their callers list and explain I been asking them to do it for weeks all they say is "multiple companies use the same callers list".

The thing is its the same automated message and our number is ex directory.

What can we do?

Hi people.

Every day for the past few week I've been receiving calls from a with held number. When you answer it's an automated message saying "you could have been charged for insurance on loans, mortgages....."

I've pressed 5 to speak to someone in charge and all they say is "I'm in charge". Then when I ask for my number to be deleted from their callers list and explain I been asking them to do it for weeks all they say is "multiple companies use the same callers list".

The thing is its the same automated message and our number is ex directory.

What can we do?

Register with TPS?

Once you are registered with the TPS make sure you don't start complaining to the next cold caller as soon as you answer the phone.

They will simply refuse to give the name of the company and hang up. Go along with it until you get a number or company name. Then go to the TPS website and submit the complaint.

Unfortunately if the call originated outside the uk then all bets are off.

If you have the time to spare you can stick it back to them by obfuscation. Tell them you need to get a pen and put the phone down for a bit, then after a while say somebody is at the door, another minute, then hang on I'll have to let the dog out as he's scratching at the door. This game is only limited by your imagination.

Time on each call is monitored and operatives under pressure to get a sale/contract.

I used to feel sorry for them as it is a ****ty job, but then I started working nights and getting woken in the middle of the day. I have kids in school so I cant take the phone off the hook in case of an emergency. Besides I don't pay for a land line so they can intrude into my life just to sell something.

So stuff em. :mad:

Archived