Grandson looking glum

:love::)Took grandson to Cleethorpes last saturday gave him £10 to play on slots . He was on them about 3 hours and finished up with £15 well played 'He had £15 in £1 coins in his coat pocket. We went on beach flying his kite and when we came off he had lost the lot. He had put it in a coat pocket that was not very good. We searched all over found £3. Point is do i give him the money to put a smile on his face and tell him to be more carefull in future or let him be miserable. Yes he can be a nightmare but he really a lovely lad and words cannot describe how much i love him am i being to soft :love: :love:

Sounds like a lesson was learned regarding looking after your money, if you keep giving him money he'll expect it and grow up spoiled.

Life is not about being happy all the time, without the bad times he'll never be able to appreciate the good times.

As Mart says you could give him the opportunity for him to earn the money back.

Give him half of what he lost back and then tell him that you cannot afford to give him the other half. In that way he will be pleased about recouping some of his losses, yet will be more careful in future as you not being able to afford to give it all back to him will make him realise that it has a value and is not easily replaceable. WIN.....WIN.:D

Archived