Does anybody know what's wrong with my Dyson

Hi

I was using my Dyson vacuum today and it just suddenly packed in. It's about 9 years old and has been working fine up until now. It's not the fuse, I already checked that.

I'm gutted because I can't afford a new one and I suspect that if it's the motor that's gone, it'll be as expensive to get it fixed as to get a new one.

Has anybody had the same thing happen to their Dyson? Does anybody out there fix Dysons?

I'd be very grateful for any advice or quotes for repair. Thanks

Sebo's will last a lot longer than that. Mine's 15 yrs old... or is it 18?

Wouldn't touch a dyson with a bargepole

My dyson sucked and not in a good way. I had it 5 years and it must have had every part replaced at least twice!!

It was a useless horrible machine and now i got a henry and its the biz!!

9 years is a fair old age for a Dyson!

I had mine 2 years and it died, then again my hair is 2 feet long, plus all the dog hairs, my hair isn't great for wrapping around the brush bar and making it overheat!

that's right. They say that a year in a vacuum cleaner's life is equivalent to 7 in a human life. So, your Dyson is 63! Have you found it is difficult to get up and down stairs lately and occasionally spills its contents on the carpet?

The cheapest way to repair it is to find some place, like a pub, that has one of those Dyson Air Blade hand driers on the wall and swop motors.

Either that, or visit Killi's on Glossop Road/West St if it's still there. They use to do ace vac repairs.

I also have had a problem with overheating and had to leave for 1 hour to cool down and reset. Check your filters are clean and don't need washing or replacing (depends on model). Dyson will come and service for approx £70. This is a bit steep but they will replace without further charge anything that is broken or worn even the motor. It can be any age for this service i believe.

Archived