Does anybody know what's wrong with my Dyson

i like takin things to bits, id sooner see how they work rather than use em... but i wouldnt tackle another dyson lol...

i took an 01 to bits to replace the motor once and that was fiddly enough getting things to lock back into place without the correct tools..... but i had an 04 that burnt out at the switch... as has been suggested, and thats no biggy.... if youve got a donor machine that is.

The same thing happened with my dyson. I took it to get it repaired and was told it was due to overheating as i had not been cleaning the 2 filters in the machine ( i thought there was only 1 filter). I now clean them regularly and have no problems.

• 1 month later...
Hi

I was using my Dyson vacuum today and it just suddenly packed in. It's about 9 years old and has been working fine up until now. It's not the fuse, I already checked that.

I'm gutted because I can't afford a new one and I suspect that if it's the motor that's gone, it'll be as expensive to get it fixed as to get a new one.

Has anybody had the same thing happen to their Dyson? Does anybody out there fix Dysons?

I'd be very grateful for any advice or quotes for repair. Thanks

This happened to my Dyson. Our son who loves taking things apart decided to have a look. He realised it was the bushes in the motor, which we ordered off ebay for pence. He fitted them, now its as good as new. Give it a go, what have you got to lose. These hoovers are really easy to maintain. Saves the expense of having an engineer looking at it. Sorry engineers!

Archived