The last newhall and attercliffe/brightside reunion

alemap

Hi Bizzybabe, I'm from Don Rd and know most of the names you mentioned except yours!! Strange. I'll ask my mother if she knew your family (she's nearly 90). I was in the same class as Diane Smith at Newhall school and as far as I know she too emigrated some years ago.

Dianne Smith was a few years older than me,than my brother too n he is 3 years older than me!I think she was about 16 or even 18 when I was only 10ish,we lived next door to Dianne at number 17 Don RD,

Did you go to the reunion?I have looked for any write ups on who was there n what a great time they all had but have found nothing,messaged Jack on facebook to see if he had a list of who was going to be there but haven't heard back from him.

Dianne Smith was a few years older than me,than my brother too n he is 3 years older than me!I think she was about 16 or even 18 when I was only 10ish,we lived next door to Dianne at number 17 Don RD,

Did you go to the reunion?I have looked for any write ups on who was there n what a great time they all had but have found nothing,messaged Jack on facebook to see if he had a list of who was going to be there but haven't heard back from him.

What a coincidence, that was my address! You must have moved in when we left the area. I'd be about 17/ 18 then. Regarding the reunion, yes a great night, but they always are. Jack even said to me that no-one seems to enjoy them more than I do. Try typing "newhall reunion" in the search bar on the left of your screen. I've left a post but I'm not sure if anyone has found it yet.

Hi Bizzybabe, I'm from Don Rd and know most of the names you mentioned except yours!! Strange. I'll ask my mother if she knew your family (she's nearly 90). I was in the same class as Diane Smith at Newhall school and as far as I know she too emigrated some years ago.

Cant find anything bout the reunion only your reply to me,when I type in newhall reunion on left search forums..........n wow realy 17 don road....bugger what a coincidence!Think I was about 1 when we moved in there n left when I was bout 11/12 moved to Parson Cross mum n Dad still there now45 years later!!...went to Hartleybrook high then Hadfieldhouse for my last year at school.most of the people in my previous pst were my age but most had big families of bot 8 kids lot of them older than my friends (like the greenwoods)Pearl,Elsie,Micheal,Elaine,Joy,Fay(was 3 years older than me same age as my brother)Vicky (same age as me)and Julie the youngest.Dianne had a baby sister who I used to take for walks,was about 1 when she was bout 16......and Jaqualine Kitchen had a couple of older brothers but cant remember their names want to say Roy but not sure think they lived at 21 or 23 don Rd.

Edited by Bizzybabe

Hi Bizzybabe, I too lived on Don.Rd.(31) but moved out in '69. The Kitchen Brothers lived on Sanderson St. and were called Roy and Joe. I understand that one of them, Joe I think, commited suicide a few yrs ago! "Don Rd.Dude" is my oldest friend as we started school together,age 5.

Unless she moved after we left I don't recall Diane Smith living anywhere near 17 Don Rd. she was in our class at (Junior 4 - Miss Turton) and I seem to think that she lived a lot further down Don Rd., nearer to Fell St. or Dane St. or even around some place on Padget St.

the Kitchen brothers on sanderson st the elder of the two was Roger and Joe his younger brother.at the reunion on the 13/10/12 we were talking with Raymond Wiggley ,he lived in the yard across from the Kitchens his address was don rd.

Hi Alemap. Of course it was Roger Kitchen, that's the third time I've referred to him as Roy. Must be a mental block or I know someone else by that name.I lived next door but one to Ray Wiggley with the Mitchell clan in between us.

I'm still trying to contact Irene Mellor who lived off Don Rd.on the last cul de sac before the steel works started. Anyone???