The last newhall and attercliffe/brightside reunion

alemap

• 3 weeks later...

11 plus my cousins lived in a cul de sac off Don rd the one as you went towards Brightside ln, Arnold, mary, teresa somersets, June Sothard lived at the end facing Don rd, good chippy right on the corner also on Don rd.June was always my choice for dancing at school ( New hall) best looking girl in my class.

Hey Don rd Dude, l'm really a Michael Somerset, lived at 508 Brightside ln, as soon as i saw Ordnance place the light came on thats where my cousins lived and l hung around with Arnold Somerset. My older brother was Billy and my elder sister was Pat.So who are you???.

Hi Mick Somerset.

I think June's name was 'Stoddart' I'm Trevor Riley. 31 Don rd.

My dad used to go fishing with a Mr.Somerset who would be well in his 70's if not older by now. They used to go in the Forge pub.

We all went to a place called Kirkstead on the river Whitham about 1960!I hated fishing!! Dad's name was Walter.

Hi Mick Somerset.

I think June's name was 'Stoddart' I'm Trevor Riley. 31 Don rd.

My dad used to go fishing with a Mr.Somerset who would be well in his 70's if not older by now. They used to go in the Forge pub.

We all went to a place called Kirkstead on the river Whitham about 1960!I hated fishing!! Dad's name was Walter.

Sorry it's been so long now and names are not my best side. Remember the fishing side but not you going with us??, remember having to get up early and walk to catch the 5 am bus near Banners Attercliffe and carry all the stuff we needed for the day at Aston ponds. My dad passed, just before Christmas 93 he was 73 then, l had only been in America just over a year then. Well Trevor the Riley part does ring a bell the more l sat it, where do you live know?. You must know Alan and Pete Hough they lived down the street opposite Ordnance pl, Alan Gilberthorpe was another that was part of our gang . Nice to talk.

Hi Mick 51. There was also a Mick Somerset in the family, the same age as me. From what you say, you could well have been in the same class at school as 11 Plus and me. Dying to know who you are.

I just posted some info on 11 plus , so who are you??. Michael Somerset correct name, l took Mick in the states.

Hi Mick, I had an inkling it was you! I can still picture what you looked like. I'm Pete Taylor. I knew both you and Arnold very well. I was talking to Alan Hough only a few weeks ago at the last reunion. I seem to think you left the area before I did. It is June Stothard by the way, we were in the same class up to leaving Hartley Brook school. Great to hear from you.

Hi Mick, I had an inkling it was you! I can still picture what you looked like. I'm Pete Taylor. I knew both you and Arnold very well. I was talking to Alan Hough only a few weeks ago at the last reunion. I seem to think you left the area before I did. It is June Stothard by the way, we were in the same class up to leaving Hartley Brook school. Great to hear from you.

I decided to join the Navy get out of Sheffield, had enough of cutlery making or steel, joined the navy in May 68. You and Riley have got my brain ticking, but your name rings louder than is. Alan he came to see me at a reunion l had at a pub in Sheff for my 60th April last year. So are you still in Sheffield, retired, what have you done since school, l always find it interesting how well some of us have done. My parents went to Arbourthorne area as did some of the neighbors and a few years later they moved to Luton/ Dunstable Bed's where my sister had lived since her marriage.You put a smile on my face, always enjoyed those days, hey remember ALL the kids called me Mike Somerbee after some football player, just remembered that, funny. Take care talk some more.