The last newhall and attercliffe/brightside reunion

alemap

Yes I remember now you mentioned the Navy.Lived in quite a few areas of Sheffield over the years. Took apprenticeship at Newton Chambers after school as a plater (steel fabrication). The last firm I worked for went bust in the recession and I was out of work for nearly 2 years. 36 years with that firm. Then I got a call from one of my old managers who gave me a job at the firm he had joined in Chesterfield, and I've been there nearly 2 years now. Only 3 and a bit years to go to retirement and I can't wait! Loads of things I want to do. So what about you?

Yes I remember now you mentioned the Navy.Lived in quite a few areas of Sheffield over the years. Took apprenticeship at Newton Chambers after school as a plater (steel fabrication). The last firm I worked for went bust in the recession and I was out of work for nearly 2 years. 36 years with that firm. Then I got a call from one of my old managers who gave me a job at the firm he had joined in Chesterfield, and I've been there nearly 2 years now. Only 3 and a bit years to go to retirement and I can't wait! Loads of things I want to do. So what about you?

Fell st l can't picture where that is any more. Well you asked so here we go.

6yr's in the navy came back to Sheff in 74 with my then wife Sharon.I did a coarse on plastering and then worked for Sheffield city council, we bought a home in Clowne, detached bungalow east of Sheff. Stayed out there for 3yrs and sold for a good price and then moved to Ecclesall nearer to kin and friends. Another 3 to 4yrs there and then onto Chapeltown, now thats when l got itchy feet to go abroad namely America my Mothers 2nd Cousin lived in California and just loved it out there, So in 81 convinced my wife to sell everything and try our luck in America, didn't work out on being able to stay or the marriage, came back and then having friends in Durban sth Africa off l went and worked there for 3 mths plastering. When l came back went to mummy and daddy to stay with them as the divorce went thru, met a guy from London while working in Luton /Dunstable and we started our own construction company, me with my divorce money. That went on for 10yr's and l bought an older cottage in the new then Milton Keynes, met another future mr's Somerset during those 10yr's.

We where on a Nile cruise and met this American from California, he was into buying and selling real estate and during the coarse or our long friend ship he decided to help me into America and there you have it, left for California in 92.

My 2nd wife decided to go wacko on me during our 1st year here and we separated, the only thing was we had a son of 6yr's then so not so easy to walk away. Divorced again l met a great American lady in 94 from the Mid West her parents have a farm in central Illonois, life was good in California weather , beach life what more could one need. Well l married my Heidi in 98 on my birthday April11th and easter weekend so l will never forget that will l . We lived in San Diego and l did very well in the construction business building homes for small construction companies making a good living until the world collapsed in 2006 and lost my project management job. My wife being high up the food chain with Wells Fargo Bank was offered a new position in Charlotte Nth Carolina on the east coast so here we are, still no construction going on so l now work for US Airways as ground/ ramp crew, nice job free flights and guess passes which my Sis enjoys every year, pays not great but l will have now been with them 4yr's and after 5 l will get a union pension and life time flight benefits when l decide to retire. So hope thats not too boring, you now know me well .take care M.

Wow that's what I call living life to the full. One woman not good enough eh? I've also been married and divorced twice, but I've had a great partner for the last 15 years. I have to tell you that 11 plus and me were mates from being about 5 years old and lost touch with each other. My mother's neighbour found him on friends reunited and we met for the first time after 32 years!! We now keep in touch and meet up 2 or 3 times a year. Where you used to live, if you came out of your front door and went left, the first road on your left was Fell Street which went through to Don Road. Jackson's shop and Tuckwood's yard (as we used to call it) were on there. If you went right from your front door, the first road on your right was Dane Street. Does that help at all?

Wow that's what I call living life to the full. One woman not good enough eh? I've also been married and divorced twice, but I've had a great partner for the last 15 years. I have to tell you that 11 plus and me were mates from being about 5 years old and lost touch with each other. My mother's neighbour found him on friends reunited and we met for the first time after 32 years!! We now keep in touch and meet up 2 or 3 times a year. Where you used to live, if you came out of your front door and went left, the first road on your left was Fell Street which went through to Don Road. Jackson's shop and Tuckwood's yard (as we used to call it) were on there. If you went right from your front door, the first road on your right was Dane Street. Does that help at all?

Yes that does, Glenda Jackson always had a crush on me( corner shop).looks like we married and divorced about the same time, lol. Look me up on facebook lots of pics to see.

Would love to see the pics but never used facebook. Too much information if you get my drift. Glenda married Jeffrey Poulton from Woodbine Road round the corner from the Midland pub. They're always at the reunions too.

Face books Ok, you can control who see's your page and just friends you let in can read your blog. I remember Alan mentioning Jeffrey Poulton, they've been together a long time, a little better than you and me lol. Maybe you can keep in touch and let me know about the next reunion. Do you have Skype and web cam, put a face to a name would be better. Well off to work on this side of the pond 4:30 to 11pm.

I'm now in Nottingham,not quite as far as you! Retired? Definitely, but not through choice. Some little toad at Min of Defence decided to make some cuts and I was one of them.Still friendly with Pete Taylor and if it helps jog the old grey cells I was the fat kid of the class - not any more though...

I'm now in Nottingham,not quite as far as you! Retired? Definitely, but not through choice. Some little toad at Min of Defence decided to make some cuts and I was one of them.Still friendly with Pete Taylor and if it helps jog the old grey cells I was the fat kid of the class - not any more though...

Sorry still can't put my finger on you, suppose you saw l've been chatting to Pete quite a bit, so same to you let me know when the next reunion is and l will do my best to come.