The last newhall and attercliffe/brightside reunion

alemap

I remember lots of names from Brightside but dont know where any of them are,Vicky and Fay Greenwood,Susan Berry,Alan Hill,Eric Wilkinson,Alfie n Susan Melia,Richard Pearson,John Mills,June Knight,Billy Philips,Micheal Moorewood,Dianne Smith,Lorraine Crooks,Jaqualine Kitchen....................

The Melias lived on Bellhouse Road. Unfortunately Alfie passed away at a young age , so I was told. Did the Burnsides come from Brightside, if so Margaret lives in Chapeltown I still see her.

• 4 weeks later...
Wow that's what I call living life to the full. One woman not good enough eh? I've also been married and divorced twice, but I've had a great partner for the last 15 years. I have to tell you that 11 plus and me were mates from being about 5 years old and lost touch with each other. My mother's neighbour found him on friends reunited and we met for the first time after 32 years!! We now keep in touch and meet up 2 or 3 times a year. Where you used to live, if you came out of your front door and went left, the first road on your left was Fell Street which went through to Don Road. Jackson's shop and Tuckwood's yard (as we used to call it) were on there. If you went right from your front door, the first road on your right was Dane Street. Does that help at all?

hi don rd dude. i think youwill find the first right was pelham st as i lived at number 9 pelham st with my brothers ken and pete

Hi lake1, nice to hear from you. If I remember rightly, you couldn't get directly from Pelham Street to Brightside Lane. You had to turn left or right at Biltons shop at the end of the street and onto either Fell Street or Dane Street to get there. Pelham Street was in between the other 2 streets. By the way, do you remember Brian & Susan Flynn and Pat Bean from your street?

Hi lake1, nice to hear from you. If I remember rightly, you couldn't get directly from Pelham Street to Brightside Lane. You had to turn left or right at Biltons shop at the end of the street and onto either Fell Street or Dane Street to get there. Pelham Street was in between the other 2 streets. By the way, do you remember Brian & Susan Flynn and Pat Bean from your street?

hello don rd dude.you are quite correct with directions as for brian&susan flynn havnt seen them for years. pat beani see regular.in fact he came up to our house 2 week ago for dinner is favourite meat and potata pie.i thought we had him licked but he polished it of like a goodun.by the way who are you.i am jack johnson

Hi Alemap. Of course it was Roger Kitchen, that's the third time I've referred to him as Roy. Must be a mental block or I know someone else by that name.I lived next door but one to Ray Wiggley with the Mitchell clan in between us.

I'm still trying to contact Irene Mellor who lived off Don Rd.on the last cul de sac before the steel works started. Anyone???

I was friends with Maree Mellor any relation to Irene?

• 1 month later...
Hi Mick, I had an inkling it was you! I can still picture what you looked like. I'm Pete Taylor. I knew both you and Arnold very well. I was talking to Alan Hough only a few weeks ago at the last reunion. I seem to think you left the area before I did. It is June Stothard by the way, we were in the same class up to leaving Hartley Brook school. Great to hear from you.

Hi jean Longhurst hear hope you remember me you said you have been talking to Alan Hough I would love to talk to him or even meet him could you help me out please anyone else know me on this thread please contact me

---------- Post added 12-03-2013 at 21:46 ----------

Forgot to mention I also lived on Fell Street for quite a few years, if that rings any bells.

Hi I lived on Fell Place no1 jean Longhurst