A typical tory budget move

True tories are very unlike you as they are prosperous.

Not strictly true:

I never meant to say that the Conservatives are generally stupid. I meant to say that stupid people are generally Conservative. I believe that is so obviously and universally admitted a principle that I hardly think any gentleman will deny it.

John Stuart Mill, in a Parliamentary debate with the Conservative MP, John Pakington (May 31, 1866); this seems to have become paraphrased as "Conservatives are not necessarily stupid, but most stupid people are conservatives."

There is no vat on mobile homes or caravans.

The true tories are wealthy people.

The true tories are in power.

Because true tories are very wealthy they do not have mobile homes or caravans.

Middle class and working class people have mobile homes or caravans.

The true tories stay in top class hotels.

The tories have a budget.

Right out of the blue, from Oct 1st the full vat rate is put on mobile homes and caravans.

Mobile homes and caravans cost 20% more from Oct 1st.

The true tories do not care as they do not use them.

I class myself as middle class/working class and I do not own a mobile home or caravan.

Why should mobile homes/caravans NOT be subjected to VAT when almost everything else bought is (apart from what are considered to be essentials, such as bread, baby clothes etc.,)?

I guess it must be essential, nay a man's right to own 'is own mobile 'ome...!

The tory scum thus have just introduced a new tax on holidays for working people.

I think you'll find the 'tax' imposed on holidays is not a new introduction. VAT, as far as I recall, is not something George Osbourne recently came up with, though he may well have extended it.

Heck, he's even allowed VAT to be charged on shell suits and other working class attire.

Scum tory, eh?? :loopy:

The Op was wrong in the opening statement I believe.

VAT has always been charged on Touring Caravans. (it's a luxury)

Static caravans were exempt from Vat because they are a mobile home.

"Home" being the important word.

Many people choose the option of living in a mobile home in old age.

There are numerous "Residential Sites" specifically for the older generation to enjoy a peaceful retirement in the knowledge it's a safe environment to live with others of the same age and requirements.

These are the people that will loose out.....yet another tax on the pensioners!

VAT on second homes at the seaside (static caravans) I can agree with, but not a "blanket tax" on all Mobile Homes.

That was a Labour motto. Labour and Tories = spot the difference.

Ah, thanks for that my own personal policeman. It's great to know you get wound up by everything I say, it really makes my day :hihi: If you are suggesting that Labour and Tories were the same there wouldn't be so many arguments and life would be so boring. The fact that there are so many arguments proves you are wrong.

• 2 months later...

Archived