Who Remembers Donkey Man's In Sheffield?

We have received information that the owner of this establishment has passed away.

He passed away peacefully in his sleep on the morning of 16th of July at the age of 86.

I went to Donkey mans a few times in the early sixties I thought it was on Rock Street in the cellar of one of the houses.I remember Delroy Palmer having a club on Spital Hill. Alan.

Delroy palmers place was called Pinkys and it was on the corner near where the 24 hr shop is now.

My dad was a builder, who could do low cost jobs (I don't mean he was a shoddy builder, I mean he would not look to make a huge profit, just enough to win the business and then move on), he did loads of work in Spital Hill area from the 70's onwards and did work for Donkey Man, did work for what eventually became the Mangla (I got cash in hand to help him paint the insides of that), and various other places. Donkey Man (Nathan?) was always very friendly to my Dad because of the work he did.

We have received information that the owner of this establishment has passed away.

He passed away peacefully in his sleep on the morning of 16th of July at the age of 86.

R.I.P Nathaniel

---------- Post added 28-07-2017 at 18:25 ----------

Delroy palmers place was called Pinkys and it was on the corner near where the 24 hr shop is now.

know pinkys well, although never went in it. a guy in the year below me at schools brother was shot outside pinkys i believe, back in the mid 80s...ish.

personally i went in peoples choice and dockers

cant remember if i went in donkeymans or not tbh

Edited by melthebell

R.I.P Nathaniel

---------- Post added 28-07-2017 at 18:25 ----------

know pinkys well, although never went in it. a guy in the year below me at schools brother was shot outside pinys i believe, back in the mid 80s...ish.

personally i went in peoples choice and dockers

cant remember if i went in donkeymans or not tbh

was dockers run by C Fanty ?

was dockers run by C Fanty ?

Yes! Castell

I Dj'd in Dockers a few times. Castell ended up buying the house next door and knocked it through into one house.

It was a proper New Jack City operation on Fox Street back in the day.

R.I.P Nathaniel