Where do you think the next assault will be?

"There's an old tory saying, "Switch off something now"" From an episode of The Sweeney

My bet is the NMW will be the next for the chop. What do you think will be next?

People will be the next for the chop. The Soylent Green Programme is going to be revived!

National Minimum Wage, and iirc at the moment it's about £6.70 an hour.

In the current early 2012 FIAT;

The largest NMW is £6.08 per hour for people over the age of 21.

For those 16-18 it is £3.68

For apprentices it is £2.60, soon rising to £2.65

People forced to workfare do not 'supposedly' come under NMW legislation.

The NMW is debatable, it is not as high as £6.70.

The minimum wage hinders jobs. What you might pay £1 for, you won't pay £6.08.

But what cost £6.08, you will pay £1 for.

The UK market is distorted. Many people collect benefits. It may be to install a minimum income (which has fallen over the past 80 years), it may give increased spending power through PPP to the disabled, elderly, landowners etc.

People will be the next for the chop. The Soylent Green Programme is going to be revived!

That film gave me nightmares for years.

I was way too young to see it when I was 8.

Either way round I don't think that it could happen in the next 10 years without a major world catastrophe happening first. People are just too selfish to volunteer for euthenasia to allow others to eat.

I reckon that the next thing will be a mobile phone and text tax. Just a fraction of a penny added to the cost of every text and call made by mobile would net the government millions every week and it would be small enough that it could almost be a stealth tax and could creep up on people until they're paying more in tax than to the phone network. It doesn't matter that everyone's already paying VAT either- any government worth their salt would be able to argue that this is just a tax on those who overuse the system and that it won't affect most users.

That film gave me nightmares for years.

I was way too young to see it when I was 8.

Either way round I don't think that it could happen in the next 10 years without a major world catastrophe happening first. People are just too selfish to volunteer for euthenasia to allow others to eat.

I reckon that the next thing will be a mobile phone and text tax. Just a fraction of a penny added to the cost of every text and call made by mobile would net the government millions every week and it would be small enough that it could almost be a stealth tax and could creep up on people until they're paying more in tax than to the phone network. It doesn't matter that everyone's already paying VAT either- any government worth their salt would be able to argue that this is just a tax on those who overuse the system and that it won't affect most users.

It should be imposed to prevent the obsession of so many with their mobiles and the virtual friends they have.It should be higher when used in a vehicle,especially if moving.I like your style.

Archived