Where do you think the next assault will be?

It should be imposed to prevent the obsession of so many with their mobiles and the virtual friends they have.It should be higher when used in a vehicle,especially if moving.I like your style.

There's already a £60 tax on using a mobile phone while driving; but it's rarely imposed.

That film gave me nightmares for years.

I was way too young to see it when I was 8.

Either way round I don't think that it could happen in the next 10 years without a major world catastrophe happening first. People are just too selfish to volunteer for euthenasia to allow others to eat.

I reckon that the next thing will be a mobile phone and text tax. Just a fraction of a penny added to the cost of every text and call made by mobile would net the government millions every week and it would be small enough that it could almost be a stealth tax and could creep up on people until they're paying more in tax than to the phone network. It doesn't matter that everyone's already paying VAT either- any government worth their salt would be able to argue that this is just a tax on those who overuse the system and that it won't affect most users.

Cost of a text is hundreth of a penny. Monopoly positions (the airwaves) are put up for bidding.

They aren't going to impose a blanket tax on texting. They already collect money from said activity.

Archived