Accident on the M5 another lorry involved?

It's a section of motorway with no hard shoulder isn't it?

It either doesn't have a hard shoulder at all, or the hard shoulder was closed off because of the roadworks. I'm not sure which - there definitely were roadworks going on - but either way, the coach did not have a hard shoulder available.

seems the coach driver was to blame when things are put in to prespective which idiot breakdown in first lane and stays there when even the momento of the vehicle would take you on to the hard shoulder people who leave there vehicles in live lanes when there is a hard shoulder about should be banned from the roads as this is dangerous driving and i was around sheffield at 7.30 saturday morning and you couldnt see 50yards in front of you only the only people i feel sorry are the dead ones throw the key away to coach driver

You know all the details of the accident do you?

He knows the coach driver was arrested, and presumably he thinks that an arrest on suspicion and a conviction are one and the same thing.

I didn't just mean the arrest but the cause of the breakdown/the location/the weather conditions/the road set up at the time/the speed of the lorry etc etc...an arrest and subsequent bailing is just the police following the book/covering their backs I think.,..

I didn't just mean the arrest but the cause of the breakdown/the location/the weather conditions/the road set up at the time/the speed of the lorry etc etc...an arrest and subsequent bailing is just the police following the book/covering their backs I think.,..

You know that. I know that. Plenty of people assume that, because he's been arrested, the case is closed and the coach driver was 100% to blame...

You know that. I know that. Plenty of people assume that, because he's been arrested, the case is closed and the coach driver was 100% to blame...

Yep..it'd be interesting to see how the coach driver could be at fault for having no lights etc if it was an electrical problem that caused the breakdown....it'll all come out in the investigation I suppose..

Yep..it'd be interesting to see how the coach driver could be at fault for having no lights etc if it was an electrical problem that caused the breakdown....it'll all come out in the investigation I suppose..

Or even how the bus driver can be at fault for the, now sadly late, lorry driver driving to fast for the conditions.

jb

After heading down the M5 to the South West on Friday I can completely understand how lorries cause accidents.

With little or no warning they pull out into lane 2 to get round another lorry doing 1 mph less than them. That forces traffic in lane 2 to brake or jump into lane 3 to get around the pair.

There was nothing unusual about the roadworks in that area, or the weather. Just the usual case of people driving too close.

Archived