A quarter of a million? That'll do nicely

Guest sibon

It is subjective, but I do not regard either of the incidents stated as being as corrupt as what cameron is doing. You may, I do not. Also history tends to distort the facts and beef stories up to promote interest.

Here however, we have a salesman caught on video, telling businessmen that their business will improve if they give a wad to the prime minister! What could be more corrupt than that?:mad:

I was never a supporter of new lab, but you are incorrect in your statement.

Unfortunately he's correct. We've had very similar scandals every year since 2009, in 2006 & 2007 it was cash for honours. It might not even be the biggest corruption scandal of the year, we're still only in March.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cash_for_Influence

There was also the Formula 1 tobacco advertising thing

Unfortunately he's correct. We've had very similar scandals every year since 2009, in 2006 & 2007 it was cash for honours. It might not even be the biggest corruption scandal of the year, we're still only in March.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cash_for_Influence

There was also the Formula 1 tobacco advertising thing

No scandals can hold a candle to the present one whether you and he erroneously think that I am mistaken or not.

Here we have a prime ministers representative openly stating that if they give Cameron a big wad , they will do favours for their company. GO NOW CAMERON!:mad:

Lets face it anyone who donates a wad of cash to a Political Party wants something in return and, as in much of life, you get what you pay for. Hence a donation of £5 will get a grudging "thank you" and a sneer whereas a gift of £250,000 will get Cameron and Osborne smarming round you and offering up Gove or Clegg as your fag for the day.

What do you think you should expect for a quarter of a million pound donation to a political party?

No scandals can hold a candle to the present one whether you and he erroneously think that I am mistaken or not.

Here we have a prime ministers representative openly stating that if they give Cameron a big wad , they will do favours for their company. GO NOW CAMERON!:mad:

In 2009 labour peers were selling laws for £120,000. In 2010 ex-cabinet ministers were caught selling their services, bragging about what they'd done for National Express and Tesco.

You must have a really short & selective memory.

In 2009 labour peers were selling laws for £120,000. In 2010 ex-cabinet ministers were caught selling their services, bragging about what they'd done for National Express and Tesco.

You must have a really short & selective memory.

As stated previously I was never a nu lab supporter, but you are misrepresenting the facts. In this case we have a video where a tory boy is openly selling favours to business on behalf of cameron. It cannot be refuted. It cannot be misrepresented, it is hard, caught with your pants down FACT!

Show me a similar hard fact video of the situations that you have described.:roll:

Not true. Just about everyone in the entire country is eligible to stand, whether they belong to a party or not.

Yes, as I said, they can stand as an independent. But they have very little chance of actually being elected when pitched against the main parties.

To stand as the bona fide Labour or Conservative candidate, you have to be selected by the party, and this is pretty much a closed shop. With selected candidates often being parachuted in to winnable seats, it doesn't give the independent much of a chance.

Why do you think the cabinet is full of millionaire public school boys who all belong to the same club? They are hardly representative of the population at large. They have been dropped into safe seats. Any that don't make it or there isn't room for become unelected 'advisors' with more influence than you or I could dream of.

As for the rest of Parliament, again it isn't statistically representative of the population which it would be if independents had any chance.

I am still waiting for hard evidence I see. Is that because it does not exist? Just look at the video again. Listen to the corrupt words!

GO NOW CAMERON! YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU.............TO SOD OFF!:cool:

I'd hate to repeat myself but, do you believe it to be a complete coincidence that the owner of F1 donated £1 million to Labour at the same time that the Labour government made F1 exempt from the tobacco advertising ban?

Archived