A quarter of a million? That'll do nicely

Guest sibon

There was also the Formula 1 tobacco advertising thing

That was a manufactured scandal. People forget that it wasn't just F1 it was also snooker. Both of them would have been devastated by an immediate ban but because Ecclestone was a donor the media and opposition stirred it up.

I'd hate to repeat myself but, do you believe it to be a complete coincidence that the owner of F1 donated £1 million to Labour at the same time that the Labour government made F1 exempt from the tobacco advertising ban?

Can you prove otherwise? Do you have a "caught with your pants down" video like the one in this thread to prove it? The video overtly shows that cameron is corrupt. When you have some proof come back and show me and I may reconsider my position.

I'd hate to repeat myself but, do you believe it to be a complete coincidence that the owner of F1 donated £1 million to Labour at the same time that the Labour government made F1 exempt from the tobacco advertising ban?

Not exempt permanently, just long enough for F1 and snooker to find alternative sources of funding.

No idea if it was coincidence but exempting those sport was actually the right decision since they would have been killed in this country by an immediate ban.

That was a manufactured scandal. People forget that it wasn't just F1 it was also snooker. Both of them would have been devastated by an immediate ban but because Ecclestone was a donor the media and opposition stirred it up.

You got it.

Surely no political party can be this sick?

What about things like integrity and justice and honesty and morality ?

Big deal

Labour was doing it for years. How do you think Tony Blair has kept on being a mutli millionaire. It certainly wasn't for his government salary.

Can you prove otherwise? Do you have a "caught with your pants down" video like the one in this thread to prove it? The video overtly shows that cameron is corrupt. When you have some proof come back and show me and I may reconsider my position.

It speaks volumes that you're so forging of one political party and so damming of another. The F1 scandal was just one example, which ignores the cash for honours scandal and the and later cash for influence scandal in 2009 and 2010.

Archived