Will council cut down a tree??

I was just wondering if anyone knows if the council will cut back or cut down a tree for me. I have to park my car on the street as i dont have a drive however where i have to park is right by a tree. The problem is the loose branches fall onto my car damaging the paintwork the bird mess has also damaged the paintwork. Yes common sense says park elsewhere which i have tried but this resulted in my car been broken into and vandalised so this is the only safe place as i can see it out of my window.

No. You choose to park there and so any damage caused is down yourself.

However, you do say loose branckes keep falling off and damaging your car?

How big are the branches?

Are they falling because the tree is dying?

If so then yes, there may be achance the council will help you but if its a healthy tree causing no real problem then no, they wont touch it.

I park outside my house just the opposite side of the road i used to park bang outside however my house been situated quite high up means the wall blocks my view hence having it broken into this space opposite is the only other spot on the street as im not thw only person with a car

I park outside my house just the opposite side of the road i used to park bang outside however my house been situated quite high up means the wall blocks my view hence having it broken into this space opposite is the only other spot on the street as im not thw only person with a car

Parking can be a pain in Sheffield. You have my sympathies.

I hope you get it sorted anyway.

Archived