A couple of questions for all lorry drivers on SF!

I have taken deliveries and actually had the lorry driver ask me to sign his tacho so that it is a different signature for him to do another shift.

Which bit of his tacho did he want you to sign and why? I really cannot understand why he would ask you to do this. A tacho is only ever signed by copper or a VOSA inspector. Never by someone who takes deliveries. Never.

Much the same as a lot of car drivers then, once they have passed their driving test everything goes out the window.

Our standards of driving are tested every day most trucks are fitted with snoopers and most of the yards all have cameras everywhere any thing you do wrong is on camera and you will be pulled in over any thing you do and you will get the sack for any damage or accidents that happen.

Which bit of his tacho did he want you to sign and why? I really cannot understand why he would ask you to do this. A tacho is only ever signed by copper or a VOSA inspector. Never by someone who takes deliveries. Never.

when we did have tacho no one would have touched mine apart from the coppers or the vosa

Mine still has the paper tacho. Its an 06 reg DAF, but its gotta be one of the last ones.

Is an XF model some of them had tacho in till late the last one I drove with a tacho in at ES was a Scania about 5 years ago, don't think I could go back to paper tacho again.

Lorries should not be allowed on motorways getween 07:00 and 09:00 and16:00 and 18:00.

They should be trade tested at least once a year, as the standard of driving of most is appalling.

Originally Posted by Bluelight View Post

Much the same as a lot of car drivers then, once they have passed their driving test everything goes out the window.

Our standards of driving are tested every day most trucks are fitted with snoopers and most of the yards all have cameras everywhere any thing you do wrong is on camera and you will be pulled in over any thing you do and you will get the sack for any damage or accidents that happen.

I seemed to have worded that a bit wrong, I was implying that once the car drivers have passed their driving test everything goes out the window. By the way I passed my H.G.V. Class 1 in 1983, and have been a car licence holder since 1967/motor bike since 1966 so I have seen my fair share of the driving standards of some drivers.

Is an XF model some of them had tacho in till late the last one I drove with a tacho in at ES was a Scania about 5 years ago, don't think I could go back to paper tacho again.

Its just a CF430 superspace. Ive got a digi and ive needed it when mines in for test and they get me a demo tractor unit. The digi is a piece of pis to use and much better than the old tacho, as writing on em is getting harder as I get older, lol. That will please some of the wacky car drivers who hate truckers!:hihi:

never been a lorry driver, but i fuly sympathise with them here, the lorries weigh in at over 30 tonnes and small changes in speed and momentum makes a massive difference to them, i wouldnt mind but frankly im embarrassed by the ammount of times i see my fellow car uses middle laning motorways, its looks stupid as hell when i have to switch from inside to the outside and then back over to the inside just cos some people like the safety of driving along the middle lane.

oh and one more thing, banning them from certain times of the day means more late shifts for their deliveries, thus increasing the price of EVERYTHING we buy which im sure 99% of people wouldnt want in thus recession

Its just a CF430 superspace. Ive got a digi and ive needed it when mines in for test and they get me a demo tractor unit. The digi is a piece of pis to use and much better than the old tacho, as writing on em is getting harder as I get older, lol. That will please some of the wacky car drivers who hate truckers!:hihi:

Ya and it even adds your mileage up for you as well :cool:

Archived