A couple of questions for all lorry drivers on SF!

wait until next week if the tanker driver strike takes place, see how many people moan about them then, lorry drivers have stict working hours and have to take a medical every 5 years once they reach a certain age, as well as 40 hours training every 5 years to keep there tachograph card.

wait until next week if the tanker driver strike takes place, see how many people moan about them then, lorry drivers have stict working hours and have to take a medical every 5 years once they reach a certain age, as well as 40 hours training every 5 years to keep there tachograph card.

That as maybe but it still doesn't give lorry drivers the right to intimidate other road users - but there again could all be part of their training I guess!

There's no need to be so defensive, I've never had a problem with lorries on the motorway. This is a topic about lorry drivers. I merely asked if anyone saw the programme, highlighted some of the findings, and if they think professional drivers become blase about their abilities to that extent?

You counter this with an unsupported story about a car driver causing a major incident involving death and mayhem. And, of course, it would have to be a story involving a woman applying lipstick, wouldn't it? If you want to troll me, you'll have to do better than that.

Ruby, in all fairness dear, it might be better if you did some baking, and left the lorry talk to the more grown up posters, who can take critisism without going down the old "troll"(yawn) accusations. xx

Ruby, in all fairness dear, it might be better if you did some baking, and left the lorry talk to the more grown up posters, who can take critisism without going down the old "troll"(yawn) accusations. xx
Stop avoiding the question. You were being critical of what? The programme? If you didn't watch it or don't have anything pertinent to offer, why bother to comment? Or find us a link to the accident you posted about, maybe?

You're not very good at this discussion/debate lark, are you?

I've already posted this on another thread but it seems more home on this one:

After heading down the M5 to the South West on Friday I can completely understand how lorries cause accidents.

With little or no warning they pull out into lane 2 to get round another lorry doing 1 mph less than them. That forces traffic in lane 2 to brake or jump into lane 3 to get around the pair.

And one of these lorries was a Stobart. I thought they were supposed to be the better drivers?

No doubt a lorry driver will soon be on trying to defend this. Why do they - like taxi drivers - feel their colleagues do no wrong?

Stop avoiding the question. You were being critical of what? The programme? If you didn't watch it or don't have anything pertinent to offer, why bother to comment? Or find us a link to the accident you posted about, maybe?

You're not very good at this discussion/debate lark, are you?

The easiest way to answer this is just simply to tell you to shut your stupid fat gob, learn to drive, and stop giving other posters a hard time. Oh, and get back in the kitchen, theres ironing to be done.

Hows that for a discussion?:hihi::hihi:

I've already posted this on another thread but it seems more home on this one:

After heading down the M5 to the South West on Friday I can completely understand how lorries cause accidents.

With little or no warning they pull out into lane 2 to get round another lorry doing 1 mph less than them. That forces traffic in lane 2 to brake or jump into lane 3 to get around the pair.

And one of these lorries was a Stobart. I thought they were supposed to be the better drivers?

No doubt a lorry driver will soon be on trying to defend this. Why do they - like taxi drivers - feel their colleagues do no wrong?

No defending needed, drivers shouldnt pull out in front of you, ever. But just one little gripe........lane 2 isnt a 2nd lane. Its the first overtaking lane. Its not a place for cars to sit in from London to Leeds. It would benefit everyone if drivers learned to keep left UNLESS overtaking.

The easiest way to answer this is just simply to tell you to shut your stupid fat gob, learn to drive, and stop giving other posters a hard time. Oh, and get back in the kitchen, theres ironing to be done. Hows that for a discussion?:hihi::hihi:
ermm, can we go back and just take a look at who started this? Just so you know, it wasn't me. You're a very rude boy, now go and finish your homework and stop interrupting the grown-ups. There's a good lad. :)

Back on topic, I admit I don't do a vast amount of motorway driving, maybe up and down to London several times a year, but I've not had a problem with lorry drivers. I'm not defending them, alchresearch, they do tend to pull out unexpectedly sometimes, but the real villians of the motorways imo, are the people hogging the middle lane for miles, the lorry drivers probably get fed up of it when stuck behind one of their slower brethren, and take their chance when they can.

ermm, can we go back and just take a look at who started this? Just so you know, it wasn't me. You're a very rude boy, now go and finish your homework and stop interrupting the grown-ups. There's a good lad. :)

Back on topic, I admit I don't do a vast amount of motorway driving, maybe up and down to London several times a year, but I've not had a problem with lorry drivers. I'm not defending them, alchresearch, they do tend to pull out unexpectedly sometimes, but the real villians of the motorways imo, are the people hogging the middle lane for miles, the lorry drivers probably get fed up of it when stuck behind one of their slower brethren, and take their chance when they can.

You would be surprised just how approachable us lorry folk are. An old boy was talking to me in Watford Gap services a couple of weeks ago, and he was amazed when I told him that we could only travel at 56mph flat out, as his gripe was the 1mph speed that trucks do when overtaking each other. It is annoying, and believe me when I say that when I overtake another truck, and the twit decides to spped up a bit, thats me knackered and I do feel a bit of a berk. But its impossible to know what other drivers are going to do, which makes motorway driving a bit of a free-for-all these days. If there is one thing I would definately like to see eradicated, its the habit some drivers have of pulling over from lane 3 (the 2nd overtaking lane) acrooss all the other lanes, to get off a a junction. Very dangerous and downright selfish and idiotic.

By the way, Ruby, my wife has just sent me into the kitchen to make the cup of tea. I draw the line at ironing, tho!;);)

Archived