A couple of questions for all lorry drivers on SF!

Which bit of his tacho did he want you to sign and why? I really cannot understand why he would ask you to do this. A tacho is only ever signed by copper or a VOSA inspector. Never by someone who takes deliveries. Never.

He wanted me to sign it as if I was the driver starting my shift, apparently he had to sign it to start his shift and had already done his hours so he wanted me to sign it as if it was a fresh driver.

By the way, Ruby, my wife has just sent me into the kitchen to make the cup of tea. I draw the line at ironing, tho!;);)
Why are you telling me this? Do I seem like the sort of person who would be interested in the tragic minutiae of a random stranger's domestic life? :huh:

If it's a feeble attempt to draw a veil over the extremely ill mannered and insulting comments you've made to and about me over the course of this thread, it's not working. An abject apology might possibly do the trick, although I can't promise it would.

BOT, I'm surprised that people are claiming that lorries are limited to 56 mph, it can't be all of them? Either that or my speedo is way off ... :help:

ETA: Just googled this and it appears it's correct. *amazed face* maybe it's just on the M25 :D

He wanted me to sign it as if I was the driver starting my shift, apparently he had to sign it to start his shift and had already done his hours so he wanted me to sign it as if it was a fresh driver.

Must have been a new tacho card then?

Why are you telling me this? Do I seem like the sort of person who would be interested in the tragic minutiae of anyone's domestic life? :huh:

If it's a feeble attempt to draw a veil over the extremely ill mannered and insulting comments you've made to and about me over the course of this thread, it's not working. An abject apology might possibly do the trick, although I can't promise it would.

BOT, I'm amazed that people are claiming that lorries are limited to 56 mph, it can't be all of them? Either that or my speedo is way off ... :help:

Suit yourself. No sleep lost here missus. And yes, they are limited to 56mph, no exceptions by law.

No idea, but Shogun states that they don't get signed so I am at a loss as to why he wanted it signing

You dont sign them, you just fill them in with your name, start location, date and mileage. Its possible, but daft as he would have needed all your I.D, including your licence, which must have shown you hold an LGV entitlement.

You dont sign them, you just fill them in with your name, start location, date and mileage. Its possible, but daft as he would have needed all your I.D, including your licence, which must have shown you hold an LGV entitlement.

That must have been it then, he must have just wanted someones different hand writing to the last card.

That must have been it then, he must have just wanted someones different hand writing to the last card.

Its a good job we are not all bent like him. Imagine doing a 15 hour shift, then doing another one? I wouldnt want to be on the same road as him.:loopy:

No idea, but Shogun states that they don't get signed so I am at a loss as to why he wanted it signing

I don't know about the digi tacho card but the old paper/card ones you did not sign them you printed your name and only signed on the back if it broke or the reason you had been delayed by unforeseen circumstances and exceeded your driving or duty hours. The old log books had to be signed but these were not used after 1983/4

Archived