How to get rid of a tick on dog

Hedgehog50

Another way is to wet(lick) the head of a matchstick and touch the tick with it.........bingo....tick will die.

My Mum used to use this method. It allways worked but I can't remember just how long it took because I was just a little girl then and that was some time ago now. :|

Something to do with the sulpher on the matchstick anyhow.

You could also just pop into your local pet shop and buy some tick removing/killing stuff.

I removed one from my cat last week,I used a pair of tweezers,being careful not to pop it as they carry Lymes disease.I was advised not to rub anything on the tick as they bury deeper into the animal.

I managed to remove a tick this way from my cat - i was horrified that he had got a tick and it had to go straight away - my skin was crawling.

Theres a few clips on youtube showing how to remove one.

You shouldn't ever use anything like Vaseline on a tick, especially if it's attached to a human, suffocating it can cause the tick to spew its stomach contents into the bloodstream, and that' something you want to avoid at all costs.

Unless you fancy a dose of Borreliosis.

Archived