Rape now an excuse for rioting

No, I am saying that there is sometimes mitigation.

I can accept there can be mitigation for crimes connected to the alleged rape, such as crimes committed against the perpetrator, but I fail to see how stealing and handling stolen goods is connected to this allegation.

I can accept there can be mitigation for crimes connected to the alleged rape, such as crimes committed against the perpetrator, but I fail to see how stealing and handling stolen goods is connected to this allegation.

If a traumatic event has affected an individual's state of mind, it's likely to affect their future behaviour.

If a traumatic event has affected an individual's state of mind, it's likely to affect their future behaviour.

Quite. At best it can lead to erratic behaviour and at worst, a dissociative state of mind where one's moral compass is totally skewed and one starts indulging in aberrrant behaviour as a means of blocking it out.

What disturbs me, as with virtually all rapes, is a refusal on behalf of many people to believe it. The default position for some to label the woman a liar at best or at worst, accuse of her of 'asking for it'.

Is it? Are you trivialising rape now? She may have been suffering from PTSD. I find your comments deeply offensive. Some women never get over or comes to terms with being raped.

ETA: it seems to me that the automatic assumption of a significant number of people is to cast a woman as a liar if she states that she has been raped. No wonder so few women bother to report it.:mad:

Come on now this has to be a troll post.

I dont think the OP was playing down the effect that rape has on women or even doubting this particular woman was raped, just that it seems a pitiful way to get out of being punished for any part she played in the riots.

If anything, this woman could be doing rape victims a dis-service.

Come on now this has to be a troll post.

I dont think the OP was playing down the effect that rape has on women or even doubting this particular woman was raped, just that it seems a pitiful way to get out of being punished for any part she played in the riots.

If anything, this woman could be doing rape victims a dis-service.

Surely that is totally contradictory? In saying that it is is pitiful to cite rape as mitigation, the OP is indeed downplaying the effect that rape can have and indeed doubting the veracity of her claim.

I think the clue is in the word, "Paper" and not the Internet.

Odd that then, for the metro would omit part of a story in one form of distribution but report it in another.

I'm more inclined to look for the obvious answer, that being you are making another flippant comment and cannot substantiate it like the troll you are.

Archived