Rape now an excuse for rioting

I hope that if she was raped, there is still evidence enough to convict her attacker, but if her story is as flimsy as it appears and she is trying it on, I hope she is punished to the full extent of the law and made an example of to other would be false rape accusers.

There is no doubting that a false accusation of rape is probably one of the most stigmatising experiences someone can undergo. The problem is that you cannot make an example of 'false rape accusers' merely people where there was failure to secure a conviction. This might include the miniscule number of false accusers but would also include genuine cases. You would be left once more with an environment where victims were discouraged from reporting rape, rapists went uncaught and consequently left free to find new victims.

I normally support you, but on that I can't. If a man is found not guilty then we can only infer innocence.

Which by extension means that the woman is lying, this is the problem. The entire system is so heavily weighted in the man's favour that this distorts the whole picture. We should have a 3rd verdict of 'not proven' as in Scotland.

She's the daughter of a millionaire and from the 'mitigating circumstances' (And I use the term loosely) I've heard in the news, she's throwing as much crap at the wall and seeing what sticks.

The low class rioters all got lengthy prison terms, will this upper-middle class lawyer clad girl go to jail? I'd be hugely surprised if that happened.

It's taken rather a long time to come to court hasn't it? Other's were banged up for stealing bottles of water worth £3.50, receiving a pair of shorts stolen by someone else and lets not forget the 4 year sentences dished out to two men for "incitement" on facebook.

Bet they didn't have her lawyers.

Come on now this has to be a troll post.

Welcome to Sheffield Forum. Anything some people don't agree with is immediately steered off-topic and clouded with obfuscation.

The OP is right. This bird didn't report the 'rape', befriended criminals and nut jobs and is now blantantly engaged in perjury, for which I hope she gets an increased sentence.

I think that both are probably equally as damaging, however, more women are raped than men are falsely accused of rape.

In which case why do you stand up for one side rather than the other? The man (I assume) she is accusing is innocent until proven guilty.

There is no doubting that a false accusation of rape is probably one of the most stigmatising experiences someone can undergo. The problem is that you cannot make an example of 'false rape accusers' merely people where there was failure to secure a conviction. This might include the miniscule number of false accusers but would also include genuine cases. You would be left once more with an environment where victims were discouraged from reporting rape, rapists went uncaught and consequently left free to find new victims.

There is a difference between a false accusation and a man being found innocent.

There is a difference between a false accusation and a man being found innocent.

This is true. But how do you plan to prove or prosecute for false accusation? Bearing in mind that there will also be false accusation of false accusation.

Archived