Breeding rabbits!!

blueknees82

magsie, I'll do some up tomorrow and put them around. it's a main road we travel every day to and from work. I'll ring the college tomorrow and some surrounding places like vets etc...it's really heartbreaking to think if it's out there. I just really want to get it off the roads. I'll do a post as well specifically for it.

ang

Poor bunny, I would help you look for it but by the time I got there it would be gone, I have no car...if you catch the rabbit and it needs a place to stay whist its owner is traced I do have a spare hutch and a big rabbit run.

i know you have to be careful about touching them when they have been born & when they are growing when my kiddies was young they wanted rabbits so we got them a couple of Netherland dwarf rabbits & we got 2 from a breeder

that the mother had bittern their ears off because they had somehow

had fell out of their cadge & the breeder had picked them both up to put

them back in their cage & the morning after when the breeder went to check

on them & feed them the mother had bittern both the baby's ears off

apparently its because the breeder picked them up with out gloves on &

had got her scent on them so the mother attacked them

but we still loved them all the same :)

i know you have to be careful about touching them when they have been born & when they are growing when my kiddies was young they wanted rabbits so we got them a couple of Netherland dwarf rabbits & we got 2 from a breeder

that the mother had bittern their ears off because they had somehow

had fell out of their cadge & the breeder had picked them both up to put

them back in their cage & the morning after when the breeder went to check

on them & feed them the mother had bittern both the baby's ears off

apparently its because the breeder picked them up with out gloves on &

had got her scent on them so the mother attacked them

but we still loved them all the same :)

Seen that happen a lot with ears missing mainly parents kill or chuck them out of nest and wont have anything to do with them.I used to breed them for Middletons many years ago but it got that even they could not sell them on so packed it in.There is too many unwanted these days as stated not worth breeding now.Unless its for the right reason and money is not one of them reasons.

I found if i was to move young it was best using a glove but to make it realy dirty first from hay etc in hutch lol .Or just move them with a little plastic shovel if need be.

Dont breed them. There are so many out there that need homes or better homes. I have a fair few now (at max capacity) 6 from an acident of my grandmother letting my male out with my females. I kept them all as to give other rescue rabbits a chance I have rescue ones that people have mistreated with parts of ears missing and mental problems from what people have done to them cos of over breeding.

Dont breed them. There are so many out there that need homes or better homes. I have a fair few now (at max capacity) 6 from an acident of my grandmother letting my male out with my females. I kept them all as to give other rescue rabbits a chance I have rescue ones that people have mistreated with parts of ears missing and mental problems from what people have done to them cos of over breeding.

good for you, wish more people would be that responsible!!:clap: and wish we could convince everyone who wanted to have a bunny that rescues were the way to go, so many will just roll their eyes at us and do what they want. :(

Archived