Are you a rugby League/Union player?

Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to read, we are a newly formed Rugby Union side (Hallamshire RUFC) based in Tapton School, S10 and are currently recruiting players of ALL abilities, if you have never touched a ball before, not since school or are a seasoned player then we need you. We have several Rugby League players currently, many having never played union before so if you fancy a new challenge get in touch. We play Saturday in the merit league so you don't need to worry about regular commitment. We have players ranging from 17 right up to 50, if you fancy a run around please get in touch!

Thank you

Yeah, 50! After just turning 30 myself makes my Mrs worried she is going to lose me on a Saturday afternoon for at least another 20 years! haha

We are holding a training session this Wednesday in Crookes at 18:00, ready for the game on Saturday against Wortley, but as I mentioned in the original post as its the merit league if you struggle with training due to other commitments do not worry.

Hi mate,

Thank you for your reply, we have around 5 games left this year, and will start playing again in September, we may look to put a Rugby League side together for a few games during the summer as several ads are from that background and also have entered some 7's union events. Have you played before? If you fancy coming down on Saturday we are playing Wortley so quite a local game, even to watch, will introduce you round to everyone.

As I mentioned before EVERYONE is welcome no matter your experience or standard its a great way to try a sport you may never have played before.

I used to play at school and really enjoyed it, but as I played football that always came first.

My football season is almost over so I might be able to make the final few games, although this Saturday will be difficult. Do you do any training?

Football takes up most of my Saturday afternoon (watching not playing) but enjoy supporting the local side, and a few pints after of course (real ale!), I can always bring my shorts with me, just in case you are a man short (6ft 2, 17 stone plus, fairly fit)

I used to play at school and really enjoyed it, but as I played football that always came first.

My football season is almost over so I might be able to make the final few games, although this Saturday will be difficult. Do you do any training?

We train in Crookes, just at the GymPlus sports centre, every Wednesday at 18:00, if you struggle and can not make it till later that’s not a problem. We play Saturday afternoons, you are more than welcome to come down, this week we are playing Wortley, the club is all about enjoying ourselves, no ego's if you have other commitments and can only make occasional games/training that’s fine.

Be great to see people down we are on Facebook (Hallamshire RUFC) feel free to join we post mot updates on there.

Archived