Help with car stereo

Hi all, i've just put another stereo in my car as it had the factory fitted one in it, it all works as it's just plug and play, but when the key is taken out, it looses all of the preset radio stations and for some reason the central locking doesn't work and makes a beeping noise as if the key is still in the ignition (which it isn't) when i unplug the radio from the back everything goes back to normal central locking working ect......what is going on?

please help

marc

IIRC the red wire should go to a permanent live (battery supply) this keeps the memory intact and the yellow wire should go to an ignition controlled supply, if they are both connected together or possibly the wrong way round the central locking will think that the ignition key is in and turned so will not lock.

On some cars you will have to reverse these two wires as not all cars are wired the same.

Archived