Nuisance Telephone Calls 24/7

I have been bombarded with telephone calls going back months from 0800 numbers and am sick to death of it, I phones BT up and managed to get my number changed but it started back up and now is even worse, ****ing ********.

Is there any way to stop them permanently as am seriously considering cancelling my land line and just having broadband, any help on this would be a god send.

Go ex-directory and register with TPS (Telephone Preference System), that won't stop all the calls but it stops most of them, just not the International ones.

I should be ex directory with them changing my number, will BT have this TPS service?

one reason you get these calls is random number generators that dial groups of numbers, the first one to answer is logged down as a contact and passed on to other tele-sales companies.I have started using obscene language to the callers it is so frustrating.

Is TPS free, do I have to pay anything?

Its free. BT will/can also do a free renumber if you are getting nuisance calls. You need to be careful if you sign up to anything that asks for your details-theres usually a tick box to say you dont want your details passing on/used for marketting etc.

Archived