Average electricity bill

mine's free, i've a cable plugged into my neighbours supply :)

I think you must be living next door to me! No indoor heated swimming pool and the house is so well insulated we have only the bathroom radiator on in winter.

I have looked for a past bill but quite a few are missing. The last actual bill I can find is October 2010 and this bill is actual. Shower is off hot water supply (gas) but is a power shower so the pump will use some but we have had it for 15 years (renewed last year). We have an outdoor security light which comes on in the dark automatically and uses 57w. That can be on 16hrs in winter.

Where do I get one of those consumption gadgets? I am going to ring BG and see if they have an explanation. £30 a week is way over the top.

I have just spoke to BG and our last actual reading was in June last year. They have gone into our history of usage and have calculated we will be using £28 a week in electricity. They are going to send us a smart meter which might be able to detect what appliance is using so much electricity. We could have a faulty appliance somewhere.

We have just had a electricity bill come in and its almost £1000! We have only had estimated bills for the last 15 months. They (BG) have estimated at our current annual usage we will average £30 a week £132 a month in electricity.

That's the killer, I always submit a propper reading otherwise it can easily get out of control.

My bill is generally around the same each quarter, despite that the estimate is always well under. TBH it's so bad they'd do better to use the amounts I used the year before, it'd probably be reasonably accurate then.

Archived