Average electricity bill

You're also probably on their standard rate, which is always significantly more expensive.

Mines about the same size as yours, and i'm with npower. Just renewed my deal and I pay £54 a month

I'm on a fixed price tariff till autumn this year. I reckon going on my memory I am now paying triple at least than I was a year ago.

First 128kwh x 22.5290 then its 9.292p

Last June the reading was 32000 and now it 48000. We have done nothing different than in previous years. They have calculated on the bill we are using £30's worth a week on our last 9 months but on the phone it £28 a week. In summer I expect £28 a month! Something has gone wrong.

We have a modern 3 bed semi with low wattage bulbs and modern tv's. We are out during the day and at night the usual making the evening meal not using an oven, watching tv and browsing the net. There are usually two tv's in use and a PC. All in all about 5 hrs use. Weekends we are in and do the weekly washing for 3, and in the colder months use a tumble drier. Telly on most of Saturday and all day Sunday. We have a dishwasher and use it every other day. Gas central heating which is efficient.

We have just had a electricity bill come in and its almost £1000! We have only had estimated bills for the last 15 months. They (BG) have estimated at our current annual usage we will average £30 a week £132 a month in electricity.

Based on our circumstances how does this compare to other SF users. We are used to £20 a week average at the most for electricity. I know it has gone up in price but 50%?

So check the estimated bills with your actual meter reading and note the difference ..simples

• 2 weeks later...

Our electric bill was estimated most of last year and the bills were always around £29, then we got one in October for £278 after the meter had been read, similar in February, they did include a note to say electricity prices were going down this year - we are with Eon

Don't get me started with enery companies. Currently in dispute with BRITISH GAS. They have billed me on some fantasy reading, when the reading has been took and the current reading isnt even at the estimated reading they billed me for 3 months later!!

I seem to spend a lot of time complaining to these companies, it's a joke!

• 1 month later...

There is no lowest supplier because prices are based on your area code due to delivery costs, you need to know your full years kilowatts used for gas and electric used, then go to a comparision site and enter those amounts you will also need to know what tarriff you are on, if you go to my free website you can get all the info and help you need to find your best supplier, http://www.energybillcalculator.co.uk

We have a modern 3 bed semi with low wattage bulbs and modern tv's. We are out during the day and at night the usual making the evening meal not using an oven, watching tv and browsing the net. There are usually two tv's in use and a PC. All in all about 5 hrs use. Weekends we are in and do the weekly washing for 3, and in the colder months use a tumble drier. Telly on most of Saturday and all day Sunday. We have a dishwasher and use it every other day. Gas central heating which is efficient.

We have just had a electricity bill come in and its almost £1000! We have only had estimated bills for the last 15 months. They (BG) have estimated at our current annual usage we will average £30 a week £132 a month in electricity.

Based on our circumstances how does this compare to other SF users. We are used to £20 a week average at the most for electricity. I know it has gone up in price but 50%?

Received our next years "estimated usage" for gas and lecky - £145 a month.

Angel.

So check the estimated bills with your actual meter reading and note the difference ..simples

You cannot work your bill out by trying to add up all the appliances you use.

The best way is if you can take your meter reading off a bill a year ago and deduct it from yor current readings, but more than likely you are unable to do this, so I suggest you go to my programs click the download button. in the downloads list you will find a file named Things you need to know follow the proceedure, Im sure you will find the answer there, as there is to much to explain in this article. http://www.energybillcalculator.co.uk

Archived