Titanic- very poor

samstar999

I think they are just trying to put a different take on, rather than the fictional people. They are looking at the back stories and how the boat came to sink..

does it still sink in this version then? they missed a trick there, this story was ripe for an update :D

Seriously, I watched and couldnt quite get into it, but I think it could be back to front as such, where as it unravels back to the start until the last episode

Is it back to front though? Because they showed them before they got on the ship etc.

I thought it was showing different class experiences, like that episode was the first class. And the next one looked like it was second class.

Either way it was crap :hihi:

What on earth were ITV thinking of? Cameron's Titanic (now in 3D this week) is surely the definitive version, unless it's focusing more on the characters than the actual special FX of the sinking.
I believe the real definitive version is a black and white movie called "A night to remember " made in the fifties starring Kenneth More and others. No soap opera nonsense in it.

I believe the real definitive version is a black and white movie called "A night to remember " made in the fifties starring Kenneth More and others. No soap opera nonsense in it.

Yes great version personally I cant stand the Cameron Version just find it boring far too long.

Just watched first episode. As someone else said it's Drownton On Sea. Poor production and who cares about anyone? Many thousands of pounds poorly spent. Julian Fellowes peaked and ....peaked with Gosforth Hall. Titanic is EMBARASSING

someone else called it "Drownton Abbey!"

I'm really not bothered, but realise as it's the centenary year, Titanic is going to be done to death, raised, and then done to death again! lol

(I mean. they are even RE-releasing the film with Kate Winslet and leo Di caprio, but in 3d, aparently.

and, just as an aside.... Aggggghhh! I HATE sea lion Dion singing the theme tune to the film!)

Ha!

Having never watched the film (with Jack and Rose) I haven't got anything 'Titanic' to really compare it to. Seemed to me that The Poseidon Adventure was better and that isn't saying much is it?!!

samstar, you've really missed nothing, having missed cameron's "Titanic".

I'll give you a quick synopsis here, if it helps?

Roes goes on board the Titanic, with her swine of a fiance, poses for a drawing by a poor chap called jack.

cut to (allegedly) steamy scene with a female hand going down a car window, rose and jack falling in love..

Jack accused falsely of stealing a valuable jewel from swine-ish fiancé.

ship sinks.

Rose survives, Jack dies in the icy water.

Many decades later, Rose returns to the site of the sinking, and throws the now rediscovered jewel into the sea.

Cue dreadful screeching and howling, that passes for singing in the Celine Dion household:-

"♫♫♫ One Smorrr, you opened the door

and I know that the hotdogs go on!♫♫♫"

:gag:

Archived