Why are the poor being targeted.

True, but should people who don't earn much be 'entitled' to luxuries? Where is the incentive to work harder and achieve more if people who earn very little have access to luxuries?

Thats a brilliant idea Conrod, lets pay the workers so little that they have to live on a bowl of gruel a day, that will encourage them to work harder and step up the ladder to enjoy the luxury of bread and jam...

your logic is mystifying.

Welfare payments and minimum wage are all way too high.

Over recent decades there's been a rather unhealthy rise in expectations from those who achieve little but expect everything. People in low-skilled, low-paid jobs used to have to accept that they'd never be able to afford their own home or luxuries, or even to have a family. Now life's under-achievers are rewarded at every turn with tax breaks, child allowances and benefits to give them a lifestyle comparable with people who who studied and worked hard for demanding careers.

Society's balance of effort/talent and reward has been cut to shreds, and that has led to much of the social decay we're living through now.

I could not have put it better myself if I was also an idiot.:D

Some people on benefits know how to milk the system,what about those who are genuine out of work or ill through no fault of their own.Do these people get classed as scroungers,life is hard for even some who are working..Like i said earlier, there is a thin line between the two.

Welfare payments and minimum wage are all way too high.

Over recent decades there's been a rather unhealthy rise in expectations from those who achieve little but expect everything. People in low-skilled, low-paid jobs used to have to accept that they'd never be able to afford their own home or luxuries, or even to have a family. Now life's under-achievers are rewarded at every turn with tax breaks, child allowances and benefits to give them a lifestyle comparable with people who who studied and worked hard for demanding careers.

Society's balance of effort/talent and reward has been cut to shreds, and that has led to much of the social decay we're living through now.

What a load of nonsense.

Some people on benefits know how to milk the system,what about those who are genuine out of work or ill through no fault of their own.Do these people get classed as scroungers,life is hard for even some who are working..Like i said earlier, there is a thin line between the two.

Only by those who live in an empathy vacuum, but nevertheless the price increase on fags isn't being targeted at the poor, it's being targeted at people who choose to smoke fags.

Archived