Report that could have cleared the Lockerbie 'bomber'

I didn't see any mention of this on the news or in any papers yesterday.

I'm watching BBC now, nothing mentioned in the headlines, just some fear mongering about petrol and war mongering propaganda about Syria.

"Syria forces targeting children" ..Yea right.

So why the silence?

I didn't see any mention of this on the news or in any papers yesterday.

I'm watching BBC now, nothing mentioned in the headlines, just some fear mongering about petrol and war mongering propaganda about Syria.

"Syria forces targeting children" ..Yea right.

So why the silence?

Did you not read your own post? Nobody else has permission to publish it.

Did you not read your own post? Nobody else has permission to publish it.

That doesn't mean they can't report on it.

I didn't say "why has no one else published the report" did I? :rolleyes:

I love how people are so prepared to make themselves look stupid in their childish attempts to make me look like the stupid one. :)

"Coming up we've got the sport, but first, some breaking news about a report which because of legal reasons, we're not allowed to name, or mention any of the content. Now over to Matthew with news about the England rugby team."

Very often, it does. The risk associated with contempt of court proceedings just isn't worth taking.

I think unlikely a newspaper would be prosecuted in this instance.

http://www.heraldscotland.com/mobile/news/home-news/after-five-years-of-secrecy-today-we-publish-the-full-report-that-could-have-cleared-the-lockerbie-bomber.1710352

"But on Friday the Crown Office in Scotland wrote to the SCCRC making it clear it would not prosecute the organisation or any of its members if it published the report.

First Minister Alex Salmond said: "It is important that everyone is able to read the SCCRC report in its entirety, rather than the selective and partial accounts of its contents which have made their way into the public domain through various media reports."

The SCCRC has not so far published the report and is not expected to discuss the Crown Office advice until later this week. It declined to comment at this stage on the Sunday Herald's decision to publish the report.

In an effort to get the report published, the Scottish Government has passed a statutory instrument – to slightly amend that legislation – which means it will no longer be a criminal act for the SCCRC to publish such reports. This was expected to come into force in May."

They also cite the "public interest" defence and have had advice from a QC.

The Guardian also links to the document and states prosecution unlikely.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/greenslade/2012/mar/25/lockerbie-scotland

Archived