The Tramlines Festival 2012 Megathread

Tramlines-

The grass in front of the main stage looked and smelled as though it had been covered with straw taken from a cow shed. At least I'm hoping the brown stuff in amongst the straw was ex cow. The alternative does't bare thinking about.

Loads of folks around West Street trying to offload programmes as souveneirs at £1 each but without many takers. Clearly they have lots left over. It's a pity they didn't put a few more in the smaller venues as not everyone wants to be on West Street on a Friday or Saturday night.

Thanks to the person who gave me the stage times for Frankie Rose yesterday - she put on a pretty good show, although sadly the atmosphere was rather dead (I guess she just makes the kind of music / has the kind of stage presence where you have to already be a fan to get into it. Me and my girlfriend enjoyed it though.

I'm thinking of heading back out tonight to see TOY at Harley, but I've heard they're not on stage until 10pm, which is rather inconvenient for a Sunday night, especially as I'd have to go alone, my brother being only 17 and my girlfriend not available tonight. Decisions, decisions....

Didn't see a lot of the festival,but had a great day in the Town centre today.Everyone seemed to be enjoying the event,i didn't know what to expect because i hadn't been before and had no idea who was appearing and what the music would be like.The Hip hop type of music that was on at the Peace Gardens wasn't really my taste but it was great to be there on such a perfect sunny day.

We were just wandering around but had stopped for a good while on Barkers Pool earlier where we saw a great band, i was told they were called "Dogs are dead" Anyway the whole atmosphere was fantastic,and i think we are very lucky in Sheffield to have events like this organised.

Thankyou Tramlines.

Archived