The Tramlines Festival 2012 Megathread

Tramlines-

We shouldn't forget these guys. The police were around to offer reassurance.

I think they did a great job in adverse conditions.

Adverse conditions? I thought Tramlines was very good humoured and there was no trouble. The police presence was very low key with vans of reinforcements down some of the side-streets ready in case of any trouble. I think they got it right with a very light touch.

I didn't see one police officer at the Folk Forest in Endcliffe Park. They simply weren't needed.

The alternative being the ones that flatten when you pick them up depositing your drink all over the pavement. Would the first type have led to less litter?

Are you Superman? How hard are you squeezing the glass?

The soft glasses would have led to less litter because they do not shatter into hundreds of pieces and can easily be picked up with a litter grabber, unlike shards of shattered plastic.

Anyway I refuse to argue with you (or anyone else) about disposable pint pots. Have a nice day.

Adverse conditions? I thought Tramlines was very good humoured and there was no trouble. The police presence was very low key with vans of reinforcements down some of the side-streets ready in case of any trouble. I think they got it right with a very light touch.

I didn't see one police officer at the Folk Forest in Endcliffe Park. They simply weren't needed.

I think I would call it adverse condition where 10s of thousands of young people spend all day drinking and then find they can't get in to the main stage because it was full several hours earlier. In the circumsatance the policing was very low key and I didn't wittness a single incident.

I did hear about pickpockets operating at several venues, but I suppose that comes with the territory.

I think the police did a remarkable job in the circumsatance. The police horses were an inspiration. They were stroked to death. It was a great bit of PR by the police. Well done lads (and lasses)

The soft glasses would have led to less litter because they do not shatter into hundreds of pieces and can easily be picked up with a litter grabber, unlike shards of shattered plastic.

Anyway I refuse to argue with you (or anyone else) about disposable pint pots. Have a nice day.

If you can't debate why bother raising the subject. You are clearly out of your depth here. Anyone who has ever picked up a flexi pint knows that you spill most of your drink, and I don't see how clearing one type of plastic is any more difficult than another particularly as most of the litter was pizza boxes.

Why not have a stage or move the Nando's stage at Fargate next year? The stage itself could be where the twister ride was this year, they would get a much bigger audience than the nando's stage and also the audience could go all the way past WH Smiths, the Nando's stage/ new music stage can get a bit too packed and this area would be ideal.

If you can't debate why bother raising the subject. You are clearly out of your depth here. Anyone who has ever picked up a flexi pint knows that you spill most of your drink, and I don't see how clearing one type of plastic is any more difficult than another particularly as most of the litter was pizza boxes.

No - just I have better things to do than have an extended debate about plastic glasses with you on a Monday afternoon. I'd be worried if I thought being out of my depth in a debate about this was a major life issue.

Everyone knows plastic glasses are generally crap (mainly because they send drinks flatter and tend to have a slightly weird taste) but I don't think that spilling 'most of' a drink is an issue for any but the clumsiest of punters.

From the fact you're currently having two arguments on this thread alone I see today's hot weather has riled you up good.

Ta.

I'd like to say what an enjoyable weekend I've had in town all this weekend. My only criticism is the same as what a lot of people have put on here. I wanted to plan the bands I wanted to see. To do that you need the information beforehand. Like I said in a previous post, great if you live in town and can get a program a few days in advance. I don't, so couldn't. To the muppets that have repeatedly slated people off on this forum for saying the above, each to their own . It's in no way slating the event. Free or not, If I'm going to que for half an hour plus on a one in one out door policy which a lot of the bars were operating to watch a band I've never heard of, I want to know the type of music they play. Then at least I.d know where else to try.

Got to say too . That the one in one out door policy on a lot of the bars, when you finally got in they wern't as full as a normal Friday / Saturday night. Green Room and West St live especially. Others like the frog and parrot were rammed.

I saw both kinds over the weekend so I suspect each pub/bar was responsible for ordering their own.

There will be a new extension to Tramlines next Sat & Sun in Western Park with a stage, entertainment and childrens fairground rides etc.

Its not part ov tramlines just outside events gig that happens through out summer and took part this weekend in tramlines....

Archived