The Tramlines Festival 2012 Megathread

Tramlines-

No - just I have better things to do than have an extended debate about plastic glasses with you on a Monday afternoon. I'd be worried if I thought being out of my depth in a debate about this was a major life issue.

Everyone knows plastic glasses are generally crap (mainly because they send drinks flatter and tend to have a slightly weird taste) but I don't think that spilling 'most of' a drink is an issue for any but the clumsiest of punters.

From the fact you're currently having two arguments on this thread alone I see today's hot weather has riled you up good.

Ta.

It was you that raised the issue. The subject matter is irrelevant to whether you are ou of your depth here. The fact that you spit your dummy out when folks disagree with you is.

I'm only having an argument with you. The other conversation was 2 people agreeing.

I'm not riled. I'm complely chilled out. I'm sitting on a deckchair in my garden sipping a white wine spritzer and laughing my head off at you.

Well almost. Sunday night 10,000 folk unable to get into see We Are Scientists on the Main Stage.

Where were these 10,000 people? I strolled onto Devonshire Green shortly before WAS came on. There was plenty of space for others and when I left about 20 minutes later (WAS aren't very good) more people were leaving or strolling past than queuing to get in.

Where were these 10,000 people? I strolled onto Devonshire Green shortly before WAS came on. There was plenty of space for others and when I left about 20 minutes later (WAS aren't very good) more people were leaving or strolling past than queuing to get in.

Clearly a different gig. We strolled up Division Street and met a solid wall of bodies. The barriers were shut and lots of folks were being tuned away. A lot stood around outside listening to the gig. We nipped into The Hop and had a very pleasant pint of Tramlines and watched the band for a bit. Then we pushed back through a somewhat thinner crowd to the Common Room and watch WAS on the big screens. It was probably a better bet anyhow. The mosh pit at the Main Stage smelled like the porta loos had burst and beer was only £2/pint in the Common Room, which I call a result.

As far as I know it is a legal requirement and something I'm sure if you would approve of had been hit by a flying glass.

Regarding the litter. I agree it wasn't good. Folks did seem to make the effort but once all the bins and dumpsters were rammed there wasn't much choice if you are walking round in shorts and a T shirt. I would hate to think what the situation would have been like if all the plasics had been glass.

Couldn't believe how well the streetforce team had done overnight. Streets were spotless this morning in town centre.

Couldn't believe how well the streetforce team had done overnight. Streets were spotless this morning in town centre.

They are well used to it. Once folk have cleared off the street sweepers are in action. It was just another day at the office. A bit like a Saturday night/Sunday morning but with a few more hours to get the job done.

Good job..Well done

It was you that raised the issue. The subject matter is irrelevant to whether you are ou of your depth here. The fact that you spit your dummy out when folks disagree with you is.

I'm only having an argument with you. The other conversation was 2 people agreeing.

I'm not riled. I'm complely chilled out. I'm sitting on a deckchair in my garden sipping a white wine spritzer and laughing my head off at you.

I'm done now - I can see that you're a good few feet up your own arse in snobbery and I haven't got the time or patience for people like you.

For anyone else, I just uploaded my photos of Frankie Rose from the stage at Barkers Pool to Flickr if you're interested. Click here.

It wouldn't have been too far to stroll somewhere and perhaps see someone you did like.Didn't you see anyone you enjoyed.

The only complaint i've got is that Calender news didn't give the event a mention tonight,which i doubt would have been the case if it had all gone off in Leeds.

Brilliant weekend. Neil McSweeney / See Emily Play superb on Friday night. Folk forest was a ball on Sat & Sun with Katriona Gilmore & Jamie Roberts a particular highlight.

Agreed about them - they were very good. I liked his guitar playing style a la Jeff Healey!

Archived